“Magnificent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Schlosshotel Im Grunewald

You added Schlosshotel Im Grunewald to your Saves list
Schlosshotel Im Grunewald
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Brahmsstrasse 10 | Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf, 14193 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #28 of 666 Hotels in Berlin
Eksjo, Sweden
“Magnificent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had a short break visiting Berlin in order to hear some good concerts and relax. I choose the Schlosshotel because it provides the calm and quietness I wanted. From the beginning I experienced outstanding service, I had help in booking several (not so easy to get) concert tickets. The level of service was outstanding throughout my visit.
The hotel has magnificent interiors, being a private palace from the beginning. The lobby is a great hall with tall windows and there are several large rooms adjacent where you can just sit and relax and have a drink.
The bar is everything you can ask for with a fireplace and comfortable furniture. It is not big but extremely cosy. It is the finest bar I've seen. There is also a beautiful restaurang. There is a spa with a good size swimmingpool and nice surroundings. Throughout my visit I felt I could ask for and get any help I needed with all arrangments and bookings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Dorking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stayed with colleagues while on a four-day trip to Berlin, and was certainly not disappointed. The staff were courteous, paying attention to every little detail, and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel is beautiful and spacious, the location is quiet and peaceful, and the overall experience was second to none. Heartily recommended!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I came to Berlin for a short break. Fantastic surroundings, amazing food and this beautiful hotel didn't disappoint, the staff were all very friendly and service was excellent. to top it off the mini bar was free. great place to stay would defiantly return when in Berlin.

Room Tip: Had a beautiful corner suite, very spacious
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was by far the best experience i have ever had staying in any Hotel, and i have stayed in many hotels around the world. The service,hospitality and restaurant are all sublime. And the building itself is truly stunning. We will not stay anywhere else when visiting Berlin.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

this hotel is pretentious, grand and unsafe. the rooms on the top floor are overheated and make it difficult to sleep in. i complained about this in my stay there last WE and the staff moved my stuff from the room i had to another and then installed some one else in my original room without giving me the option of emptying the safe before the newcomers got in...

when i came back the combination of the safe did not work any longer, the evening manager opened the safe with a master key and to my surprise the 5000 US$ i had put there were gone. this in front of the new occupants of the room.

he then told me that the safes were not to store anything of value !!

that maybe i was lying and that maybe the guests they had put in there had cracked the combination. all in all they offered to give me two nights for free (350 Euros/night) and refused to take responsibility.

one does expect a luxury hotel to take responsibility for this kind of thing and when they don't it is completely chocking. so all travelers beware and avoid this hotel where thieves are better protected than guests. the police is now investigating this matter and i believe that nothing will come of it as the hotel does not have electronic keys to track the people who enter and leave bedrooms.

it is to be noted that letting new customers into a room before the previous guests have cleared is a breach of procedure and should not be done.

i will take a lawyer to make sure that fellow travelers are protected from this very reckless approach by a hotel that claims to be top notch.

Room Tip: stay away and if you do have to go there do not uses the safe.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
almahotels, Director General at Schlosshotel Im Grunewald, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guyclaret,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Schlosshotel im Grunewald with us.

Please be assured that we estimate every comment and, as you can see, most of our authentic valuations on TripAdvisor are more than positive which reflects our high quality standards. The last three years we were in the TOP 10 list of Berlin hotels and have received many awards.

As you have shared your comment, we have now the opportunity to respond with our point of view.

We continuously strove to meet your needs and expectations. As soon as your discomfort due to the high temperatures you reported in your room, and in general on the third floor, was communicated to us, and even though we had received no complaints from other guests staying on the same floor, we were happy to upgrade you from a standard room to one of our grand suites (normal rate 1500€ per night).

We would like to clarify that it was you who did not want to call the police when you first realized the money was missing – for us this felt strange and unusual. Only at our urging the police were involved.

We want to set the record straight that a theft has never occurred before at our hotel and our regular guests can confirm this. Also, the guests who were unfortunately present to witness this delicate affair have given us their most sincere and unconditional support. Furthermore, we would like to express that you were the one who left the hotel without paying the rest of your hotel bill.

Every guest has his own opinion and is totally free to transmit it to other travelers. Our aim is to give the best personalized service we can to everyone and to find the best solution for any query we receive. However, we are not willing to be accused of having “thieves on board” in our hotel and we strongly deny these allegations.

I remain at your disposal for any further comments you would like to make.

Kind regards,

Sara Torralvo Castro
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We visited Berlin for a long weekend in early October. The Schlosshotel had been recommended to us by a friend. The setting is magnificent - a grand family home that has been converted into the hotel in a sympathetic way. The garden in early October was beautiful, we will definitely return to check it out in the Spring. The service is impeccable but very relaxed and friendly. The only drawback is that the hotel was so enticing, we didn't want to leave to check out all the places we'd planned to visit... Some lovely touches including the free minibar, late check out and the lovely chambermaid who always made our room look really special after we'd returned from breakfast, made us feel loved.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed her as a solo traveller in early September (was in Berlin to meet up with a friend to eat and drink).

Liked the public areas, and service in reception upon check in was also good. The room was nice enough too(stayed in one of the small suites there).

Breakfast was not good. Poor service, not much choice, very pricey. If this place wasn't yonks away from anything like a café I'd have cancelled all my breakfasts and eaten outside.

The pool, sauna etc. I would say is pretty decent for a place of this size.

The bar and public areas are really nice, but I couldn't stay in the bar since it's a smoking zone (didn't think German law allowed for that). You also have to go to reception to ask for someone to turn up and serve you a drink.

Don't know about eating here other than breakfast as I ate all meals except for breakfast in Berlin.

Location is in the middle of the woods. A couple of taxi drivers needed directions to find the way...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
sara T, Manager at Schlosshotel Im Grunewald, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Saltcreep,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Schlosshotel im Grunewald. It is only through your valuable comments that we are able to continuously improve our service.

At the Schlosshotel im Grunewald, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Of course we are taking the appropriate measures to address all matters brought up by our guests and prevent any future occurrences.

We are really sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay to the fullest.
It is correct that our breakfast buffet is quite restrained but over that it is more exquisite. Everything which you can’t find on the buffet e.g. hot dishes will be prepared freshly.
Of course we apologize if you did not felt best served. Regarding the problem with smoke at the Bar, I would like to explain that the law in Germany, still allow to smoke at this kind of Bars, I understand for sure, that for non-smokers, this is not so nice but we have many others public areas, like the Lobby, the Mirror Room, the Music Room and of course our restaurants, were is not allow to smoke and there you the non-smokers, can also enjoy a drink without being disturbing by the smokers.

I remain at your disposal for any further questions or wishes and please address me directly if you wish to travel to Berlin again. I will be more than happy to give you my personal attention during your next stay.

Been to Schlosshotel Im Grunewald? Share your experiences!