The Schlosshotel is beautifully restored mansion in an affluent older suburb right outside of Berlin. I stayed for two nights with two friends. We all had the least expensive rooms in the annex behind the main building. Our stay was wonderful--the inn was luxurious and the service efficient and friendly.
The main building is absolutely gorgeous with soaring ceilings in some rooms, amazing woodwork and trim, beautiful views to the garden, stone fireplaces, chandeliers, etc. The architecture is rococo and ornate, but the furniture understated and elegant. Each of the public rooms is different and amazingly ornate including a beautiful round private dining room with guilded wood working, a lounge with soaring ceilings and huge carved wood staircase,and a cozy bar with a stone fireplace.
Our rooms were nice, with lots of storage, marble and dark wood bathrooms and fabulously comfortable beds with down pillows and comforter. There is a minibar with unlimited free drinks. The rooms were quiet and the only downside was they were a little dark.
There is a lovely indoor pool area. One person had a massage at the spa, which she said was just OK.
Breakfast is an additional 26 euros, which was steep, but it is a very nice buffet and you can get eggs cooked to order. It is served in a garden room or on the terrace and is worth doing at least one day, but could be a bit too pricey for an entire family. The second day we had coffee (8 euros) brought to our rooms.
The staff was great in recommending restaurants. We ate at Alpenstueck and Lutter and Wegener. Both had great service and amazing high quality German style food. We enjoyed our dinner at those restaurants more than at the hotel's restaurant Vivaldi. Vivaldi is in a beautiful wood paneled drawing room. The service was perfect but the food was inconsistent, perhaps a bit too ambitious. When we served the first complimentary appetizer I was a bit worried, it was a medley of fish pates, which were not tasty. The next appetizer was a lobster medley and much better. The basket of bread outstanding with high quality unsalted butter and a salt selections. Other plates were mixed, one incredible beef dish, a great pea soup, an undercooked fish dish and a langostine which was mealy. The cheese platter was over the top. It was a nice experience, but I would stick to meat dishes, which is probably the wise thing to do in Berlin. There is a great wine list that included a lot of well priced choices.
We enjoyed being outside of Berlin, but it did require taxi rides back a forth. We had fun looking at the scenery, especially the incredible historic homes near the hotel.
One day the we used the complimentary bikes and rode to a nearby lake--incredible! The staff also recommended shopping areas which we enjoyed.
We had a fabulous stay and the best service I have experienced in Germany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The personality, intimacy and privacy of 'SCHLOSSHOTEL IMGRUNEWALD', exclusive 5* boutique hotel in Berlin is simply captivating. It is our number one priority to provide our guests with a first class service, tailor-made to their wishes. Each of our 43 elegant rooms and 10 suites in the 100-year-old historical villa surrounded by park-like private gardens, stylish interiors designed by Karl Lagerfeld, and a personal service create a heaven for visitors to Berlin. Our restaurants, cigar lounge and elegant lobby with its stunning chandelier and exquisite oil paintings provide an ideal atmosphere in which to unwind. In the SPA & Wellness area you can take in the view of the pine forest whilst enjoying a dip in the pool, or indulge in a first class massage treatment and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splendia and Jetsetter so you can book your Schlosshotel Im Grunewald reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Schlosshotel Im Grunewald Berlin
- Schlosshotel Im Grunewald Hotel Berlin