“A GOOD CHOICE IN BERLIN!” 3 of 5 stars

Tryp by Wyndham Berlin City West
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lietzenburger Strasse 79-81, 10719 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #394 of 664 hotels in Berlin
Sweden
“A GOOD CHOICE IN BERLIN!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for three nights now in august 2013. A clean hotel with great location in the central of Berlin. The staff were polite och serviceminded. I stayed at the sixth floor and the elevator just went to the fifth floor but what the hell. Could easily stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Monika P, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Berlin City West, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your review and your compliments. We are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you in the near future.

Best wishes

214 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vejle, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Tryp in Lietzenburger Strasse is placed very near to Ku'Damm, U-Bahn and dozens of restaurants. Easy to get to. The hotel in itself is not especially charming - but the room, where we spent three nights, was big with air condition (we turned it off) and Wi-Fi (you have to ask the reception for access), fine bed and so on. Breakfast was fine with a big variety of müssli, yoghurt, eggs, bread, and so on. But I missed bacon for my scrambled eggs! The reception staff was very efficient and professional.
All in all, no complaints from us!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Berlin. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and would be pleased to welcome you again.

Best regards
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

No doubt Tryp is in a great location with many restaurants, grocery markets and the U-Bahn nearby.

However, we were disappointed to be given a room with no AC and no Wi-Fi although the advertised “Free Wi-Fi” was one of the many reasons we chose this hotel.

Added to this disappointment was the sad excuse we were given when we complained about it.

At check in the hotel was not full and since we requested a “Wi-Fi” code at check in, we felt we should have been given a room where the internet worked.

Be aware that the Wi-Fi does not work at rooms located at the end of the halls. Also, rooms facing back of the hotel have no air circulation and can be brutal when the temperature outside is in the 80's.

I have mixed feelings about recommending this hotel as the I feel the service was poor and not very accommodating.

Parking is E$12 per day and breakfast E$8 per person but there are many options nearby if these prices are out of your budget range.

Room Tip: Choose room facing street, maybe noisy but you have a better chance of getting a breeze. Avoid end r...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very sorry to hear that we didn’t meet your expectations.

I would like to inform you that I have done a follow up with the respectively Head of Departments concerning the issues you have raised. It is only with guest feedback that we can ensure that we maintain our high standards and so this does not affect any of future guests.

Best regards from Berlin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here as a part of a business trip in which I had to work nightly hours and sleep during the day. Unfortunately the rooms (I was relocated once) they gave me were both without air conditioning while they're website stated 'partly air conditioned'. I guess this means public areas and a limited number of rooms only. As the sun was shining, the temperature in the room really went up and I was unable to sleep because of it. On top of that the curtains did not fully cover the window, so a lot of light was let through by the curtains. This also does not help in trying to get some sleep. Upon asking about a possible other room I was told that all rooms with air conditioning were occupied and that 'the curtains in the other room may be a bit bigger'...

I then requested an early checkout which initially was not allowed by the hotel without paying for my full stay. After some time and with the help of the front desk lady, the manager ultimately agreed to allow an early check-out with a 1 penalty only.

Not really happy with this hotel as closing curtains should be one of the basic things in a room. All the other things add up to a not so happy customer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Burdwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a real smart hotel.
I stayed in a single room for one night only. Room size was small (but I got it in only 39 Euro), but designed smartly to accommodate my requirements. Toilet was good. Wi fi was free of cost.
However, breakfast was expensive to purchase (12.5 Euro)- so the bed & breakfast rate becomes high.
Hotel was absolutely clean, reception people was nice, location was very good..stone throw from city centre..
Recommended for stay..

Room Tip: Try to take the room with breakfast plan, (or plan breakfast outside) to save money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your nice review and your efforts. We are very happy about your recommendation and would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Best regards
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently booked accommodation at this hotel, and the customer service I received from them was unprofessional and just plain rude. I phoned to get clarity about an email that I had sent 3 days prior that still had not been replied to, only to be told that 'all emails had been attended to, there is nothing unread in my inbox'. After further investigation, the lady in reservations realised that my emails slipped through the cracks, and rather than apologising for not getting back to me, she blamed her colleagues for not following up and was still very rude to me. Needless to say, I cancelled by reservation and I would NEVER stay at this hotel because I was treated so poorly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Location of this hotel a block off the to Kurfürstendamm is very convenient, close to S- and U-Bahn as well as number of good restaurants in the neighborhood. Buffet breakfast is good and costs12 euros p.p. (not included in room rate) provides a solid foundation for city excursions. The personnel is friendly and helpful.
Rooms would benefit from redecoration, particularly the carpets should be removed and replaced by a more hygienic material (e.g. wood or linoleum). Furniture is only the absolute minimum and the beds narrow. There is not enough shelf space in the bathroom or any drawers in the closet. There should be a safe in the room, too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the inner courtyard. Traffic makes rooms facing the street are rather noisy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tryp by Wyndham Berlin City West? Share your experiences!