“No air conditioning, windows not closing” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel

Save Saved
You added Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel to your Saves list
Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lietzenburger Strasse 79-81, 10719 Berlin, Germany (Formerly Tryp by Wyndham Berlin City West)   |
Ranked #394 of 664 Hotels in Berlin
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No air conditioning, windows not closing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed here as a part of a business trip in which I had to work nightly hours and sleep during the day. Unfortunately the rooms (I was relocated once) they gave me were both without air conditioning while they're website stated 'partly air conditioned'. I guess this means public areas and a limited number of rooms only. As the sun was shining, the temperature in the room really went up and I was unable to sleep because of it. On top of that the curtains did not fully cover the window, so a lot of light was let through by the curtains. This also does not help in trying to get some sleep. Upon asking about a possible other room I was told that all rooms with air conditioning were occupied and that 'the curtains in the other room may be a bit bigger'...

I then requested an early checkout which initially was not allowed by the hotel without paying for my full stay. After some time and with the help of the front desk lady, the manager ultimately agreed to allow an early check-out with a 1 penalty only.

Not really happy with this hotel as closing curtains should be one of the basic things in a room. All the other things add up to a not so happy customer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Burdwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a real smart hotel.
I stayed in a single room for one night only. Room size was small (but I got it in only 39 Euro), but designed smartly to accommodate my requirements. Toilet was good. Wi fi was free of cost.
However, breakfast was expensive to purchase (12.5 Euro)- so the bed & breakfast rate becomes high.
Hotel was absolutely clean, reception people was nice, location was very good..stone throw from city centre..
Recommended for stay..

Room Tip: Try to take the room with breakfast plan, (or plan breakfast outside) to save money.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Monika P, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for your nice review and your efforts. We are very happy about your recommendation and would be pleased to welcome you again soon.

Best regards
Monika Piesker
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I recently booked accommodation at this hotel, and the customer service I received from them was unprofessional and just plain rude. I phoned to get clarity about an email that I had sent 3 days prior that still had not been replied to, only to be told that 'all emails had been attended to, there is nothing unread in my inbox'. After further investigation, the lady in reservations realised that my emails slipped through the cracks, and rather than apologising for not getting back to me, she blamed her colleagues for not following up and was still very rude to me. Needless to say, I cancelled by reservation and I would NEVER stay at this hotel because I was treated so poorly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Location of this hotel a block off the to Kurfürstendamm is very convenient, close to S- and U-Bahn as well as number of good restaurants in the neighborhood. Buffet breakfast is good and costs12 euros p.p. (not included in room rate) provides a solid foundation for city excursions. The personnel is friendly and helpful.
Rooms would benefit from redecoration, particularly the carpets should be removed and replaced by a more hygienic material (e.g. wood or linoleum). Furniture is only the absolute minimum and the beds narrow. There is not enough shelf space in the bathroom or any drawers in the closet. There should be a safe in the room, too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the inner courtyard. Traffic makes rooms facing the street are rather noisy...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
glasgow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When we arrived , we had to move rooms I had booked a comfort room with a double but was given a tiny single bedded room, changed without a problem although double bed was two single beds put together and we both kept falling in the middle of the bed!

Rooms are pretty basic and good for the price!, no mini bar, but vending machines in corridor which sell alchol!.(No BAR) hairdrier didnt work and toilet was quite smelly. Room service was fantastic cleaned everyday with clean towels everyday.

The hotel is very central (5min walk) to the s and u bhan underground stations which are fantastic you can travel all over berlin very easily, plenty of bars and resturants round about also.

The hotel was fine for the price £250 for 5 nights would probably stay somewhere else wen we go back!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed in Berlin for a long weekend 18th-21st April, we had an early flight so we were a little early for check in; however the kind lady at reception informed us that our room was all ready so we was able to go straight to our room and unpack which was great. The room was small and basic but adequate for a city break and it had a lovely modern design to it. Room amenities were basic but all expected as a 3* property. We stayed in room 403, so we were towards the end of the corridor and our window looked out onto the gardens at the back of the hotel so it was peaceful at night. We didn't have breakfast although the breakfast area looked very lovely and modern. Our towels were changed everyday which was great. All in all I have no negatives to say about this hotel and I would definitely return. They even have wine in their vending machines! There is also a lovely pizzeria next door which I would definitely recommend, lovely food and friendly service!

Room Tip: I've read a few comments about rooms close to the lift. I didn't experience this but the lif...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Spent a lovely few days in this hotel. It's in a lovely location, the staff are very friendly and helpful and it's nice for a quiet break-away. The downside is perhaps it's a little too quiet and could do with a nice cafe and bar to give it some atmosphere. The rooms are basic with no mini bar. Still, an enjoyable stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Monika P, General Manager at Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Eoin,

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Berlin. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and would be pleased to welcome you again.

Best regards
Monika Piesker

Been to Tryp by Wyndham Berlin am Ku'damm Hotel? Share your experiences!