To begin, the room were given in the "hostel" was about 10ft by about 12ft for 3 people in single beds. There was nowhere to store our luggage or items so our items had to be strewn around.
Secondly, I have never in my life encountered staff who really did not care or know what customer service actually means. We complained 3 times about the fact our room was damp that spread further on the floor each day to the point when you walked on it you had to wear shoes otherwise it would soak through your socks. One particular member of staff was very rude. She kept saying "speak to the housemaster", "it's nothing to do with us" "there's nothing we can do" and then told us that the housemaster was waiting for us when in fact we had to wait about for them to turn up which they did not do.
We finally spoke to a member of staff who listened and on the 4th day she spoke to the manager who moved us from the room a cleaner, slightly better room that wasn't damp.
Lastly, there was a used condom still in the room we initially had hanging from the ceiling which had been there since before we checked in there.
This is not a hostel. There's no kitchen. No storage room. There's so many more better actual hostels in the area and I haven't ever felt the need to review a place (unless it was really good) but this place was infuriating.
The manager gave us 1/2 the money back for the time spent in the initial room which wasn't bad.
The initial bedroom we had, within hours of us being moved out, had been ripped apart by workers and the room was being heavily aired out which makes me think it was never fit for purpose in the first place.
Please avoid this hotel and "hostel".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Hotel in Berlin perfect for staying overnight whether for business or pleasure on vacation or any other reason for visiting berlin and its many congresses and attractions. With 60 single and double rooms very accomodating in the attractive style of 19th century Biedemeier. Located centrally in the Gürtelstrasse 41, 10247 Berlin, next to the Frankfurter Allee train station it is a short distance to the many attraction such as the brandenburger tor, the east side gallery or the berghain for party people. With a lift, wireless lan, hotel parking, fitness lounge, as well as a very complete breakfast buffet a stay at the Georghof Hotel is always a great choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Georghof Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berlin Georghof Hotel Berlin
- Berlin Georghof And Hostel
- Tulip Inn Berlin