“Best location, friendly staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #136 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Mazkeret-Batia
“Best location, friendly staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights in February. We arrived 9:30 P.M and the welcoming feeling were in the air. The reception staff was very good and with a big smile.
The room was excellent, spacious, and warm. The room and bathroom were fully equipped with all amenities. They were very clean.
The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had. The staff was very friendly, and eager to help. We were greeted by everybody with a smile and with the magic words of good morning and with a real welcoming feeling.
The location of the hotel is very good and at least 3-4 major u and bus stations are located within minutes from the hotel.
I would recommend the hotel to change the Wi-Fi charging policy. It seems very high (4 euro/hour, 12/day) and I think it should be free for hotel guests. We didn't used it and enjoyed the free Wi-Fi of other locations.
Overall, smiling and helpful staff, nice rooms, best location, good breakfast. You don't need for more.
THANK-YOU

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I booked the room and it was all pre paid , on arrival I found out I have to pay 4.30£ for each day of my stay.
my room was booked with one queen bed , when I went inside the room it wasn't just 2 single beds pushed together, I asked to move to a different room staff said no ....!!!!
I have been told children eat breakfast free, I was charged everyday 6.5£ for my son breakfast. most of the staff are new wearing these trainee badge , not enough info about the hotel facilties.
I've to the bar lounge , the bartender didn't know what is the cider ..?? I asked to recommend any of the cocktails , he said he can't as he doesn't know my taste.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Maria T,

Regards,

Karen C
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I booked using my priority points and found the sleep quality excellent. Good central location only a few minutes walk from Wittenbergplatz U-bahn. Breakfast good although only scrambled eggs offered unless you paid extra.
Good amenities in the room. As a platinum member I was upgraded to a 7th floor room but with all the noise of renovations I asked to move and was given a less grand room on the 3rd floor (but no noise!). Staff were all courteous, efficient and friendly. Top marks to the waitress who brought me a cup of tea without asking - she recognised me from the previous day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have stayed already 4 times at the Crowne Plaza in 4 different years, this time I decided to write a review since there is nothing changing amid the reviews already written by many guests.
The Crowne Plaza is Very good for :
- Location
- Reception
- Breakfast
- Staff
The average side to this hotel are the room's looks and feel (it may be modernized, but it really feels old). The bath tub is specially annoying to me, as it's narrow, the double curtain for the shower sticks to anything wet specially your body.
It's time for a face lift and a change of carpets.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Maleknass,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you are a regular visitor to the hotel. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is nicely located, public areas are good - modern and trendy. I found the staff courteous and efficient and overall very good. The one let down is the rooms are rather tired. There has been some work to spruce them up, and they are clean and reasonable size (I had an executive one, which had usual bits and bobs one would expect). I guess part of the problem is the era in which they were constructed but I have seen these 1970's blocks transformed (such as in Chicago) I have also seen what a full refit can achieve (Marlow uk for example) but for a hotel in a capital city it is somewhat of an enigma - one expects a very high standard, but as in London I accept compromises on room space etc. I'd stay here again as a functional business hotel, for a romantic interlude I'd save up and stay at the Hyatt down the road.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Neuoetting
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Area: couldn´t be better. Just 200m from the next Metro Station, 300m from the "Ku`damm" THE shopping avenue with affordable and less affordable shops. 300m from the hop on and hop off bus station (costs €20 per Person). Parking €15 per day at the hotel garage.

Hotel: 4 Stars - very nice lobby-lounge with possibilty of ordering snacks. The breakfast room is in fact the restaurant "Wilson" at night, knowm for its Ribeye steaks (costly!!).
Book the breakfast in package as the price in the hotel is € 16 (which I find to costly). But once again, there was all one could want from cereals, to scramble eggs etc...Plates were removed immediatly and with a friendly smile.
Pool for guest free, Sauna with extra charge. I can´t say anything about the seating possibilities outside as it was snowing!

Service: perfect. Very friendly reception, not overboard as sometime the case. The Berliners have humor also!
First time ever I was offered to check-in at 09:00 a.m. without any extra charge.

Rooms: I booked a standard room, normal size for a town hotel. I had a room on the first floor, which made it a bit dark. The furniture are a bit old fashion and young people would probably prefer a designer hotel, BUT all the amenities from cosmetic mirror to toiletteries, to ironing table (unusual in Europe), kettle, safe, bathrobes, all was there, nothing missing!
The first day, housekeeping forgot to make our rooms, after a phonecall to the reception, it was done immediatly! So, nothing to say about that either.

I certainly felt very good in that hotel and will cetainly book it again when again in Berlin!

Room Tip: Breakfast should be booked within the package.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Johannesburg, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed for one night on business in January 2014. I arrived at midnight. The Reception Staff were somewhat cold and I was told I did not have breakfast included in my room rate. Eventually the booking with breakfast was found by the other Receptionist on his computer. Not a big deal as I did have the confirmation of the booking on my phone which I could have picked up.

I had had coffee in the lobby on a previous visit to Berlin and was reasonably impressed and liked the feel of the Hotel, but was SO disappointed when I saw the room. It was so outdated and in desperate need of refurbishment. Although I was only there one night, I did stay in the room until 2 p.m. the next day. I couldn't even see the numbers on the remote for the T.V......I had to count one, two, three, four to punch in the Channel I wanted. I have never seen this at any hotel.

Hated the awful shower curtain and water was not hot enough, but I will put that down to being minus 4 degrees outside.

Having said all the above, the room had everything one needed with a comfortable bed and good linen, tea and coffee making facilities etc.

The lighting to read on the bed was shocking. I had stayed the previous week at the Intercontinental and had not expected such a big difference.

The breakfast however, was very good and staff pleasant and attentive.

The location is excellent and due to that reason I will stay here again in July for Berlin Fashion week as the location suits me better than the Intercontinental and at any other time I will be doing business in Berlin.

One needs a separate wifi password for each device which I was not told at check in. In the morning when I enquired as to why I couldn't pick up wifi on my phone, I was informed of the reason and was given another voucher in a not terribly pleasant way. This is one of the reasons I support IHG (often as a regular business traveller) and I expect this perk to be given to me in a gracious way and not as if doing me a favour.

I did not find the Reception staff friendly and only managed to break the barrier by using my own PR skills.

I will be back as I like the Crowne Plaza brand and I am hoping the drilling I heard was the start of renovations to the rooms.

Once again, the location cannot be beaten and the breakfast was great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear loverofmilan,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am glad to see that you left some feedback on what you liked as well as what fell below your expectations. I am pleased that you liked our location and breakfast choices.

However, I read with much concern the troubles you have encountered during your stay. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your standards on the room condition and shower facility. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I am truly sorry if we were not able to deliver this to you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our hotel.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We deeply regret that you did not receive the level of service that we strive so hard to achieve. We look forward to having the pleasure of serving you again so we can make your stay as best as it can be.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Been to Hotel Crowne Plaza Berlin City Center? Share your experiences!