“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
Budapest
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

From the looks of the reception, I expected something more. Don't misunderstand me, the rooms are nice, the bed is comfortable and the location is also awesome, but I was not fully impressed.

The glass door of the wardrobe was broken, there is no carpet in the room, and it was really cold during the night.

The bar downstairs was nice however, and the staff is top notch.

It was a satisfying stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We've just arrived home after a four night stay at the H10 and cannot rate it highly enough. This was our first visit to Berlin and were a little unsure where to stay but this hotel is simply perfect. It ten mins max from Zoo Station, making it super easy to get from Schonefield Airport to the H10 and at €3.20 the airport express is really great value.
The hotel itself is beautiful. When we entered the foyer we wondered whether we were in the right place. We were greeted by Norbert and checked in very quickly, despite arriving 30 mins ahead of the official checkin time. We were also upgraded from a room to a suite which was beautiful. A huge bed, couch and two TVs - although we rarely turned them on. The bathroom was great too with a huge shower and all the amenities you'd expect, and more! Despite being on a main road and backing in to what looked like a fire station we never heard a sound and slept fantastically. Everything was perfect.
We didn't use any of the hotels other facilities (too much to do in a Berlin to stay in the hotel!) although we did have a few drinks at the bar. With no price list on display we wondered if this was a bad choice but we found the prices great. €5 for a beer and the same for a Sekt. Okay not cheap but for a beautiful hotel in a great and central location we thought they we're very reasonable.
Overall a great hotel and one that we'd absolutely recommend to anyone visiting Berlin. A great hotel in a great city. X

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this wonderful hotel.
AMAZING customer service. Excellent location
Comfortable, clean rooms
I had an apartment so it was very spacious. A kitchenette and an amazing bedroom
with the mot comfortable bed, pillows and comforters

Worth every penny. After a 2 week travel this was the first and ONLY hotel that had everything..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The hotel is located just a 2-minute walk from the shopping street Ku'Damm and literally just next to the U-Bahn station (U1 and U9) if you get out from the correct exit. They are also about a 5-minute walk away from a major interchange station, the Zoological Gardens Station.

The decor is modern, the rooms are clean and the price, given its location, is really not bad. Staff members are polite and helpful. Some are more business-like than others (maybe because this is also a corporate traveller's kind of hotel) but they're always courteous. They have also provided excellent information to us on how to get around the city. There is a small but sufficiently equipped gym which we found useful to stretch, exercise and unwind.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel decor is on the trendy side. The doors to the hotel is automatic. Just stand where the mat is and the door will open. The room and bathroom is spacious, clean.
Reception very helpful. Would like to mention a young lady named Maria who was in trainning. She was a breath of fresh air. Very helpful.
The location is handy walking distance to the metro and many restaurants just outside the hotel.
yes i will recommend and stay here myself again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week in septmeber and had an excellent stay. This is my second time staying here and they have ironed out slight faults with it and is now a perfect place to stay whilst visiting Berlin.

I will be back next year to Berlin and the H10 shall be my hotel if its still a good price.

Very satisfied indeed.

• Stayed September 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I recently spent 6 nights at this hotel and it was overall an excellent hotel. (A side note - the doors to the hotel are automatic. I was not the only one confused by this. Walk up to the doors and they will open on their own).

Postives:

1. Location! The hotel is 1/2 a block from the Ku'damm, and is literally right next to the U Station (Lines U1 & U9) and a 5 minute walk to Zoo Station, where you can pick up any number of trains (RE, S-Bahn, U-Bahn) going in any number of directions. Although I prefer to walk, walk, walk (you see more), the U Station being right next store was so convenient when my feet were killing me and I could walk no more. Being close to the Ku'damm and Tauentzienstraße (two of Berlin's main shopping streets) is a major plus.

2. Cleaniness. The lobbies, restrooms, dining rooms, bar and guest rooms are all very clean and modern.

3. The staff at this hotel is very friendly and professional. The put me in a handicap room to give me more space because I was staying 6 nights. That was very nice of them.

Negatives (that didn't bother me in the slightest, but might others):

1. The Breakfast. The food was ok. Decent selection, but it is way overpriced at 19 Euros. I only ate their breakfast a couple of days because my friends who met me had it included in their room (their room cost a lot more than mine). It's best to take breakfast else where.

2. The room size: Not surprisingly, the room was a bit small. My friends had a double room, and I would have sprung for that, only being an extra $20/night, as it was much more spacious. However, the room sizes are typical of a big city where space is at a prime.

3. The bedding: I have been to Germany many times and just hate the tiny comforters they use. A minor gripe here, but just wanted to point it out. The comforters are basically about half the size of queen comforters in the US. Not enough to snuggle up in.

I want to make a comment about the club across the street. My room was in the back of the hotel so it was very quiet. However, I never got used to the time change, and often took little walks at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning and the noise didn't seem very loud at all. Probably would only annoy a light sleeper.

Overall, great experience, and this will definitely be my go to hotel for all my future visits to Berlin. Great price! Great staff! You cannot get a better location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back - they are VERY quiet.