I use to be at Savoy every year for business and there are good and less good aspects about this hotel:
1) the location, 5 minutes from the Zoologischer Garten station.
2) cleanliness, nothing to say about that
3) the breakfast, probably the best thing offered by the hotel: various, rich and quality.
4) bathroom: modern and clean, depending on which room you are, you may have shower or bath tub.
1) the rooms, strange to say, are too bright and its difficult to sleep because of the noise (I suggest to pick a room on the corner away from the main street to sleep properly) and because beds are not very comfortable.
2) the smell of cigar in the all lobby... really stinks!
3) the rooms are too hot: winter or summer, heater switched on or off, is definitely too hot.
Staff always polite and professional. Recommended for the location, the old fashion style, the amazing breakfast and for the famous cigar shop, if you are a smoker of course!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1929, the Savoy Hotel Berlin lies just a few minutes' walk from the busy Kurfürstendamm, Berlin’s famous elegant promenade. Celebrities like Maria Callas, Romy Schneider, Greta Garbo, Helmut Newton and the famous German writer Thomas Mann were regular guests. They all valued the hotel’s atmosphere and unobtrusive service. Today the Savoy is still synonymous with style, discretion and hospitality. The classical premises were refurbished in 2005 and its original features restored to their former glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Savoy Hotel Berlin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berlin Savoy Hotel