“Disappointing service from such a well known name” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Savoy Hotel Berlin

You added Savoy Hotel Berlin to your Saves list
Savoy Hotel Berlin
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Fasanenstrasse 9-10, 10623 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)   |
Ranked #115 of 665 Hotels in Berlin
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service from such a well known name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We booked the savoy as it is a name that is known for luxury and good service.
We arrived and were booked into a junior suit which was nothing more than we had expected. We requested Internet access as it was listed in the rooms facilities, to which reply was barked back to us that there was a fee and we should check the details, which we did. When we requested to see the manager we were told that there wasn't one available to see us. My partner and I were shocked and extremely disatisfied.

• Stayed October 2010
samuelbraun, Front Office Manager at Savoy Hotel Berlin, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Craig,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I was really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in general and that you were satisfied with your room and the equipment in there and that your room was in perfect order as it should be of course.

But please be assured that I have also noted your comment about the not very high attention of our staff and that we did not meet or better said failed your expectations regarding the handling of inquiries or questions you have had.
Of course I am very sorry for all the mentioned incidents and would be very happy if we could get in personal contact too to talk about your experiences in detail and so I would be very happy if you would be so kind to contact me directly again. Should you like me to contact you please just let me have your contact details so I can come back to you as soon as possible of course.

Kindest regards

Matthias Ebner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
davidjoho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Well-located, a bit worn at the edges, but an excellent value. But, get a room off the Fasenenstrasse side of the hotel unless you like the metallic roar of elevated trains all night.

My room was small in the European fashion, but not tiny. It was just a tad shabby. I don't mind that it could use a coat of paint, or that the cheap furniture is chipped. Rather, it's the little touches of thoughtlessness that irked me: The two desk chairs provided were the only seats and they're uncomfortable; it is hard to move in the shower without accidentally jostling the faucet into extreme cold or hot positions; the ethernet cable is two feet short of reaching to the desk, the windows open but won't stay open. (My room had no AC, so I kept them open for ventilation, but oh that train!)

The hotel is three blocks from the big Zoologischegarten stop for trains, subways, and buses. It's in a bourgeois section of what was West Berlin. Very comfortable and pleasant area, although not exactly young and bohemian. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops around.

They charge 10 euro/day for a pretty good Internet connection (you can switch between ethernet and wifi as you'd like), with hourly rates available. I did not try the breakfast because 20 euros for what looked like a mediocre buffet is ridiculous. I also did not try their expensive, upscale restaurant. A cigar bar is attached to the hotel; the smell wafted up to my room now and then (through my propped-open windows).

The people at the front desk were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front (the Fasanenstrasse side) face a very noise elevated train. Stay away!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

The hotel has a great interior design and is located on a quiet street, 10 minutes walk from the kurfurstendamm strasse.
We had three rooms: one double and two singles. I asked for a quiet room - I got a large new room with a big shiny bathroom and good air-condition, in the newly decorated section of the hotel. The others had rooms that were not renovated (yet?). The double room was smaller than my single room and the air-condition did not work.
The Breakfast was expensive - 20 EURO and not worth the money in my opinion.
In summary: great hotel, but make sure you get the renovated rooms.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Young friendly staff who went out of their way to make my stay stress free and enjoyable.Nice sauna.Great, atmospheric bar.Clean comfortable rooms.Absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Menifee, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

This room was interesting and the largest room we had the entire stay. It was nice but it had no AC and that day it rained and then it was hot so not a good combo. If you are staying in the summer I would not stay there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

In my life (I am 40+) I have stayed in many different hotels, from cheap and nasty, to five star luxurious boutique hotels. Savoy is different from any hotels I know: Genuine charm! You might not notice it at first, but give it time, as well as yourself, stay a couple of nights and you will notice why modernization is not always the answer to every problem, nor the first impression. I have stayed in this hotel many times, you get some really good deals during the summer season and around Christmas through almost any search engine. The rooms are big, some still have "old fashioned" bathrooms, beds are very good, the service is perfect and discreet, breakfast is very tasty. The dining room, where the breakfast is served, is one of the nicest I have ever been too, with an interesting style (especially if you are interested in art and interiors). In the evening the dining room turns into a restaurant, with excellent food and wines. I could go on and on, but the rest should be experienced personally!

how time and history has

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Lugano, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed at Savoy Hotel for 3 days, the suite was really quite, nice and clean. We really enjoyed our stay at Savoy Hotel. Also the staff was polite. Quality and price really good.
The hotel is not big and it's near the zoo, 10 min. by walk.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Savoy Hotel Berlin? Share your experiences!