“Gluten free heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Simela

Simela
Kantstrasse 146 | 10623 Berlin, 10623 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
+49 30 81612600
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Merseyside
“Gluten free heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

As a gluten free travellet we found this little alcove of lovliness by accident on our first night in berlin. The atmosphere was chilled, the staff charming and welcoming and the varieties of FRESH pizza for all types of diners made sure we ate here 3/4 nights we were there. Simply amazing, take it out and sit on the grass in the sun

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
Denver, Colorado
“This place is great for a quick bite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I stopped into Simela in October 2010 because it smelled so good as I was walking by and I wanted something quick to eat. I am so glad I did as the food was phenomenal. As you walk up to the counter you can either order square slices of pizza that has already been made or order an individual round one for yourself with whatever toppings you want. I had the spicy salami as the owner, Nikolas, recommended. I really like spicy food and thought it can't possibly be spicy can it? It was. It was the perfect amount of sauce, cheese and meat, all on a very crispy, thin crust. Very good. The drink selection was adequate with beer in bottles and lots of wine to choose from.
It's not a big place so not a lot of places to sit but there were a lot of people stopping in to pick something up or eat while standing up. Very friendly and quick service and the price for my pizza and a large beer was less than 10 euro.
If you are in the Savignyplatz area and are hungry, you can't go wrong with Simela.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere