“Well Located and Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Regent Berlin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Charlottenstrasse 49, 10117 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #1 of 662 Hotels in Berlin
New York, New York
“Well Located and Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel is well located in the center of town and the rooms are very comfortable. But, the concierge service is inadequate. We found that they had limited knowledge of nearby restaurants and were not always able to help with reservations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rehoboth Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have been here 5 days and the staff and service are superb. We have a suite so we not only have a bedroom and sitting room, but we have a bath and a half bath -- which are so nice when there are 2 people. The bed is super comfy -- the shower has excellent water pressure with lots of hot water. The location is great for sightseeing -- very easy to walk to Museum Island. The hotel had the 3 days passes so we bought those and charged them to the room. That meant when we got over there to Museum Island, no waiting in line to purchase tickets. These tickets also included most other museums in Berlin so all for one fee which was a deal.

We could walk to good restaurants and sometimes took a cab for ones a bit farther away.
We prepaid for the room so we got an excellent rate. Much nicer hotel than big chains like Hilton or Westin.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite if you have 2 people. You will feel like you have plenty of room and if one wants t...
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We like a more contemporary atmosphere that the Regent's, but other than that, everything was first class. Our suite was well appointed, had great wireless internet, a charging station with adapters, the Bed was comfortable and had nice linens. The view from our windows showed an inner courtyard. Turn down service was thoughtful and generous. The bathroom was great, the toilet had a separate space and so did the shower and the ample tub. Toilettries were top grade. Concierge was helpful and their breakfast service was amazing; plentiful, varied, it included both buffet style fruits, cereals, yogurts, dried fruits, nuts, wonderful breads and rolls, cold cuts and cheeses plus warn dishes a la carte. Location was very convenient for all our museum going and the area had lots of nice restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: 9th floor was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Regent in Berlin was an excellent hotel right in the middle of several main tourist attractions. It was walking distance to several big attractions and it was also very close to some main shopping areas. I do wish it was closer to more restaurants but I can't complain about the ones that were nearby. The staff was all very polite and accommodating, the rooms were extremely large for Europe, and the upkeep was excellent. The food and morning service were all excellent. I really had no complaints about the entire stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

From check-in to check out, we encountered efficiency, politeness & friendliness from every member of staff. Breakfast staff in particular were excellent. We were staying in an executive suite on the 7th floor overlooking the courtyard. Room was perfectly quiet & peaceful. There was not a great deal of natural light but there were well positioned lights & lamps to prevent the room being dark. Fruit was replenished each day & we were left with a complimentary bottle of water & chocolates each day. Room was kept spotless. Bed was comfortable.

We only ate breakfast in the hotel. Freshly squeezed juice, a buffet selection of fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastries & cereals. Bread/rolls were provided with ham & cheese, if required. The cooked breakfasts all looked lovely but we unfortunately never felt hungry enough to sample any. Coffee was hot, strong & delicious.

The position of this hotel is perfect. I had looked at the Adlon but I was so pleased that we booked to stay at the Regent as it was so central & its proximity to the Gendarmenmart & all the restaurants around there made it a perfect location for our first visit to Berlin. Really liked everything about this hotel & the professional, friendly staff. Highly recommend. ( We popped into the Adlon & it was totally packed with conference guests milling around - an unpleasant contrast to the quietly elegant marbled entrance hall, with a beautiful floral display, of the Regent.)

Crowthorne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for one night as our conference had overflowed the venue it was booked in, I had the "consolation" hotel. Well it was the best "consolation" that I have ever experienced. This hotel was better than the one I transferred too.

I had a huge corner room, so I had four windows. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The bath was huge, so nice to have a dip as I arrived late at night. The desk was fitted with EU/ US and UK plug points, which meant no messing around with adaptors and the free wifi was quick.

Breakfast the next morning was varied and the staff in the restaurant were very polite and attentive.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Regent. I would definitely stay there on my own "dollar" in the future.

Room Tip: Room 209 is twin bedded but a great corner room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dornbirn, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

So, my shoes were not clean - during breakfast I removed them and they were returned to me 10 minutes later wrapped in silk paper and smelling of new polish. I ate my eggs benedict in front of the beautiful fire place. On my way to the room, I passed the magnificent bouquet of fresh flowers. My room was already made up - it was 9am. I found that a book marker had been placed in my book where I had left it open. It was raining - umbrellas were made available to us in that trusting manner which is so rare these days. OK, the gym is small and insignificant but you can't be perfect - it would detract from the warmth of the place. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Regent Berlin? Share your experiences!