“Atmospheric” 5 of 5 stars
Review of RosaCaleta

RosaCaleta
Muskauer Str. 9, 10997 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
+49 030 695 37 859
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
“Atmospheric”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Have lived in Berlin for 20+ years now and am highly pleased to finally have some great Jamaican food again. They don't have everything we Jamaicans know and want but what they do have is tasty and well presented. Love the laid back but aesthetic atmosphere including spacey honeycomb lamp made from 2,400 plastic cups. The best part for me was the owner Kirk, who brings a certain flair to it all. NY-Kingston-Belgium meets Berlin and it fun to just sit back and watch as well as eat!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Berlin, Germany
“Love it! So does my family every time they come to visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love the food here! And everytime I take my parents or friends, they love the kind atmosphere and new tastes that you don't get often in this combination. Jamaican food was new to me before I turned into a regular at this place. With the twist of jamaican-european fusion, it is always a great choice to come here. And the best comes at the end: those cakes are AMAZING!!!

• Visited June 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great food, original combinations of food, lovely setting, even the wine was better than expected. Thanks !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Caribbean food tasted great. We had curried goat, jerk chicken, and more exotic dishes. The desserts were so good, for that alone we'd go back ! We asked the waiter for advise for the wine, and he gave us an excellent german wine (which we thought didn't exist, guess he proved us wrong ! The mango tiramisu for dessert was simply divine ...

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A bit of a disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We had rather high expectations for this restaurant, they were not fullfilled.
It took the waiter three tries to get our orders for starters right, which ment we had starters spread over one hour.
The main dishes were ok but nothing out of the ordinary.
The room itself resembles a big rather coldly lit dining hall without much atmosphere and charm.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Great Food! Great Price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

As a person of caribbean descent with discerning taste for good food, I was curious to see how authentic Caribbean fusion cuisine would be in Berlin - I was definitely impressed. The restaurant is nestled in the trendy district of Kreuzberg and is very welcoming. The guava infused jerk chicken with rice and peas was simply decadent. I'm not a fan of mango, but I caught myself involuntarily moaning in pleasure sampling the mango tiramisu. I wish I had time to try some more of the other dishes!

• Visited May 2013