“Fantastic hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   An Der Spandauer Bruecke 11, 10178 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Special Offer
TripAdvisor -15% off
Ranked #4 of 666 Hotels in Berlin
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my boyfriend and we can highly recommend this hotel. The room was great, really spacious and clean with excellent facilities including dishwasher, TV and free wifi in the lounge/lobby. The staff were also very helpful and the gym/spa area is great too. But the best aspect of the hotel for us was the location - it's just round the corner from the tram/underground station and minutes from lots of great restaurants and bars. It's also easy walking distance to Museum Island (the Pergamon and Neues museums are well worth a visit) and a bit of a longer walk or a train ride away is the Brandenburg Gate (great to see this at night, very pretty all lit up) and Checkpoint Charlie. Great value for money stay, we'd definitely like to stay again soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ajost, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Vh001, it looks like that we were the ideal location for a perfect long weekend for you and your boyfriend. Many thanks for your recommendation and we hope to welcome you soon again. Kind regards Annette Jost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location was fantastic - walking distance to many of Berlin's sites and Hackescher Markt right up the street with plenty of restaurants and shops.
We found the room to be spacious, clean and modern. There were many families staying in the hotel and I assume the flexibility of having a kitchenette would be attractive. We found the bed to be a little hard and a bit uncomfortable but that was our only complaint.
All in all, this is a nice, standard hotel. It's not quite luxurious but it was perfectly good for a weekend to explore Berlin.
(Note: We ate the breakfast in the hotel one morning when in a rush but we didn't feel it was worth the price. There is a bakery up the street and a bagel shop and a coffee shop around the corner which were great.)

Room Tip: We had a courtyard facing room and it was quite quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JJReid1030, many thanks for taking your time to write your comments on our hotel. Yes you are right for families the space in the apartments and its facilities is a big advantage. I am sorry that for you the matrices’ were too hard, so far we just got compliments on them and some guests even asked for the supplier. But as everybody has a different need and taste, same with the breakfast, I am very sorry that we could not please you in these matters. It would be great if you might give us another try. Kind regards Annette Jost
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

- Great friendly, professional staff
- Stayed in a studio apartment
- Very clean and modern
- Excellent location: Just 3 minutes from the train station; museum island and other main attractions within walking distance
- Plenty of options for eating out at the Hackerscher Markt square
- Free wi-fi only in the lobby with paid internet in rooms
- Highly recommend

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WoosterFan, thanks for your nice review just on the essential. We hope to see you again. Kind regards Annette Jost
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

AWESOME HOTEL!!!! BEST LOCATION. Berlin and Frankfurt!! Tho I am there todo buisness I always look forward!
FRIENDLY STAFF from the door! Always a pleasure to share in the hotel and staff that makes you feel right at home! THANKS Adina!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ingrid2744, what a great compliment to our hotels and teams. Please keep coming back and I am sure there is more to discover in our Adina´s. Kind regards Annette Jost
Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. On arrival we were greeted by the training manager who was very friendly, polite and helpful. Our apartment was well equipped and had everything for daily needs. My only comment is that I would have preferred the option of using a coffee machine to instant coffee sachets. However, the apartment was spotlessly clean and we could not fault the room service. The location is excellent and ideal for exploring the sights of City. There is a good bakery near by for breakfast goodies and numerous places to eat in the evening within easy walking distance. To sum up the hotel is managed by staff who are friendly, welcoming and well run.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear melpin, many thanks for your review on my team and our apartments. Referring to the instant coffee, I can tell you that we do offer now Nespresso coffee machines or Senseo pad machines at charge. Probably this is a good alternative for your next stay with us. Kind regards Annette Jost
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

I have read 90-95% POSITIVE REVIEWS about this Adina Apartment Hotel. And I can CONFIRM THEY ARE TRUE, WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.
Yet, one MAJOR (and systematic) PROBLEM was addressed only once. I guess this is due to the fact that most people who stayed here didn't spend much time in the hotel during the day (tourists and business people). The major problem is called:

SLAMMING OF DOORS !! The doors, too, were high quality, thus, heavy.
First, due to all the room doors' damper mechanism's too tough setting and secondly due to the (otherwise doing an excellent job) personnel (cleaning staff, minibar staff, etc.) not choosing to use a door stopper while they're in a room which meant each room's door being slammed 8 to 10 times minimum per day, it was on average sometimes up to 2-3 times PER MINUTE morning, noon and afternoon that you would jump in your room sitting on the couch, watching TV or trying to take a nap. YES, YOUR WHOLE ROOM SHAKES OR VIBRATES WHEN EVEN THE DOOR OF THE ROOM AT THE OTHER END OF THE CORRIDOR IS CLOSED (= SLAMMED) !! Maybe due to pressure relation on the floor ? I don't know and I don't want to.
Although I was very happy about almost everything with the ADINA, I most probably would NOT STAY THERE AGAIN unless they guarantee that this SITUATION has changed, as it is AGAINST ONE OF THE FUNDAMENTAL PRINCIPLES OF HOTEL SERVICES: PRIVACY & MINIMUM NOISE. I don't remember staying before in a hotel which produces so much noise in its own system. I sincerely hope and kept this comment long on purpose so that the Adina Management will undertake a fundamental & systematic change in this matter and thus achieve perfection.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Sinan Globetrotter, many thanks for the time you have taken to write your review on our hotel. I am very sorry that the noise of the closing doors spoiled your stay with us. For security reasons it is essential, that the doors close automatically. We will have a second look into this matter, what is construction wise possible to modify this issue. Pressure differences within the floors is a good hint to analyze this. I am thankful that you brought this unpleasant issue up again to review it. Again I am sorry for this construction failure and we would be happy, if we could welcome you in of our other Adina´s in Berlin, Hamburg or Frankfurt. Kind regards Annette Jost
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For my birthday weekend my friend and I decided to head to Berlin and I did a fair bit of research as to where to stay. Had read previous reviews and the Adina Hackescher Markt seemed like a good choice. And I certainly wasn't disappointed. The location is spot on (as confirmed by a friend who lives in Berlin!) and the staff and service at the hotel were excellent also. As it was my birthday, I had a bottle of bubbles awaiting me in my apartment from the staff! The apartment was cleaned every day (we were there for 4 days) and the staff were always friendly. We were on the back of the hotel and night time was extremely peaceful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Kate E, so nice to read that you had chosen our Adina to celebrate your birthday weekend and we did not disappoint you, I hope you will find further excuses to come and visit us. Kind regards Annette Jost

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Berlin Hackescher Markt? Share your experiences!