“Room Mix up but Dominic went above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars

Soho House Berlin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Torstrasse 1, 10119 Berlin, Germany (Prenzlauer Berg)   |
Ranked #50 of 663 Hotels in Berlin
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Room Mix up but Dominic went above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

We recently returned from a long weekend in Berlin with most of it spent at the Soho House Hotel, which is just a joy of a place to stay.

The day before we arrived we were told that unfortunately our rooms weren't available for the first night as incumbent guests had decided to stay an extra night and because of the type of room there were no others available.

Ordinarily this would be the kind of thing that would drag a review right down. However, on our arrival in Berlin we checked in to the alternative hotel for 1 night and made our way over to the Soho House to speak to Dominic.

Things happen and rooms get bumped and when these things do happen it's more about how the hotel treats you than the actual situation itself. Dominic was fantastic, he offered us a full explanation of what had happened and comped our drinks in the Soho Bar on that night. They upgraded our rooms the next day to the Apartments and also paid for our dinner and drinks the following evening as well as allowing us free breakfasts for our stay - just wanted to say a big Thank You to Dominic and all the staff at the Sohoh House Hotel. Customer service is exemplary and they went way above and beyond to ensure that our stay was as memorable as possible for the right reasons.

Would I go back to the Soho House Hotel - absolutely, in a heartbeat. It has a fantastic relaxed atmosphere, great bars and the rooms are fantastic. The location is perfect for Berlin and it's surrounded by some wonderful restaurants..

As a perpetual traveller I have stayed in some of the nicest and finest hotels throughout the world and prior to our stay in the Soho House Berlin my favourite hotel was The Savoy in London. For atmosphere, Customer Service and Value the Soho House Berlin beats it hands down. It's now my favourite city hotel and we will be looking forwards to returning next year.

Once again, thanks to all the staff who went above and beyond to make us feel welcome, relaxed and most importantly, like they wanted us to be there.

Room Tip: The Apartments are luxury, pure luxury. If you can afford one please book them - a true home from ho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Great location, great facilities, good food. The rooms are very comfy. We arrived and headed straight to the cowshed for a steam and a sauna (international visitors be aware that they are mixed and are naked!). Then had a light meal in the bar. As members very familiar with london and new york we kept getting lost in the corridors. Had a decent meal in the restaurant. In general service could have been better... Typical of berlin but not of the other international sites. We had to wait ages both to order and for the bill and the waiter was alsoalso doing room service on the phone! The food was
fine, not outstanding but the

Ringwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

First time in Berlin. Great location with a property full of history. Staff speak excellent English, are enthusiastic and delighted to share their experiences and recommendations to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
São Paulo, Brasil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

After staying at Dean Street Town House in London last october, I decided to stay at Soho Hotel Berlin last weekend because my stay in the same owner hotel in London was perfect. But something happened at Soho Hotel Berlin that I think is unacceptable and that its manager did not know how to deal with the problem. At my last day at Soho Hotel Berlin I made the checkout and went up to the bar / restaurant at the top of the hotel to have my brunch, as I made the others day. When I arrived I had a warm welcome by the waiters because after having breakfast and drinks at night all days of my staying, the staff know me well. So during the brunch a (new) waiter arrived and asked the room number. When I told him my room number and added I just had checked out he asked me to leave my credit card as a guarantee because he had to make sure I wasn't leaving without paying... That was the must disgusting think ever happened in my life. It is like arriving in a restaurant and the waiter ask you the credit card before you order just because you can be a bad person and run out and not pay the bill. I just paid the bill and left because I lost my appetite.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Have stayed here twice now and it is by far one of the nicest and best run hotels I have ever stayed in. It's cool, relaxed, comfortable, and in fact the sort of place you feel you don't want to leave and explore the city. It has everything you need from the roof-top pool, to quiet areas for reading, to a great bar and restaurant. The food is very good - in particular Feast on a Sunday morning/lunchtime is excellent. It's not cheap, but when compared to 5 star hotels is streets ahead.

Room Tip: The large rooms are amazing but so are the tiny ones...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The experience starts in the reception and keeps on improving. The hotel is immaculate in every sense. Wonderful, comfortable bed and great shower. Food options were excellent as we're the bar offering.

Not cheap, not cheap at all but we wanted a great Berlin experience so went for one of the best hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

First trip to Berlin - my husband and I looked up somewhere for cocktails...and read good reviews of SH Berlin. I have been to SH in London so know the policy, but there was no mention of this in ANY reviews and figuring it was a quiet Monday night, we thought we would be able to drink there.

We walked in the drizzle to find it and we were dressed smartly, if a little damp from the rain. When I asked if we could drink at the bar, I was asked 2 questions ...1)Are you a guest and 2) Are you a member? I replied 'no' to both and was given short shrift with no eye contact as the unsmiling receptionist looked to the next person at the desk.

I have no issue with SH having a policy but perhaps make sure your reviews make it clear, and please employ staff who have some people skills. They always go a long way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Soho House Berlin? Share your experiences!