“Fast and Filling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BOMBAY

BOMBAY
Friedrichstrasse 106 | 10117 Berlin, Germany, Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,400 of 6,290 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: One of the best and biggest Indian restaurant we came across in Europe. Were so happy with the service that i am actually surprised not finding it on TripAdvisor. It's a must if one is looking for authentic Indian taste on not customized Indian taste to suit Europe market.
Valletta, Malta
“Fast and Filling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The waiter took our order quickly.

In the short time that I needed to read some tripadvisor reviews which complemented speed of service, my starter was served. As I was finishing my starter, my main course arrived. This must rate as one of the fastest restaurant services ever and was perhaps just a little bit too fast!

The food was very good, very filling and fairly priced.

A good choice of restaurant in a central location.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cologne, Germany
“Yum it was”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Its been always tricky visiting Indian restaurants in Europe, the expectations are generally low for us. Last Saturday evening, we ended up at Bombay for dinner. A plate of Samosas, Paneer Makhani and Aloo Saag with Nan Bread was both tasty and satisfying. The service was quite quick and needless to say we both reached home with full stomachs!
I must also say that I had visited the restaurant back in January, and it was equally satisfying back then.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elche, Spain
“Low quality food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I hace been in severas Indian Restaurants in some contries, and this the worst of all of them. Onion bahji and pilau rice without flavour, curry rice too, but worst thing s service. I had to ask fr my son' s dinner three times, it took half an hour, but no one apologized for it. Incredibly, the waiter was waiting for me to give him a tip!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Trondheim, Norway
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I am generally sceptical when it comes to indian food, but the food here was great! Would really reccomend it! Friendly staff and good prices.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Not very good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Went here based upon the Tripadvisor reviews, but was disappointed. First we got a free salad that had seen better days. When the food we ordered arrived, it was bland. The Chicken Tikka was covered in grease, and the mixed tandoori dish was all covered in the same sauce, with no variation between the different meats. Add to this the plain rice and the somewhat slow service, and this is not a restaurant I would recommend.

Plus for a nice mango beer and cheap cocktails.

Visited June 2012