“Betrug / Scam” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Parrilla

La Parrilla
Albrechtstr.11, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
0049-30-28095827
Neighborhood: Mitte
Berlin, Germany
“Betrug / Scam”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Preliminary Note: I am from Argentina. Comments on "La Parrilla": it advertises itself as the best Argentine Steakhouse in Berlin... Far from it!!! The menu only has a few typical Argie steak-dishes and to that, they are not cooked in the Argentinean fashion and the quality is very dissapointing. My order came with fries, which weren't home made, but cheap deep-frozen ones. The classic argie sauce "Chimi-Churri", for which they have the nerve to charge extra, was actually some kind of bad pesto. GREAT SCAM!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Glasgow, Scotland
“Simple, Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband & I were on the look out for a restaurant offerring a good steak. We bypassed several touristy restaurants (with pictures of food outside, never a good sign), and were just about to turn oround when we noticed this Argentinian Steakhouse. It is not fancy, but the steaks were delicious, the side dishes very tasty (my husband does like his spinach), the half carafe of Argentinian Malbec just perfect and all for a very reasonable price. The staff were also very pleasant & friendly, though this was the norm for our stay in Berlin.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berlin
“Absolutely awful. Walk another 30 seconds to heaps of better places”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Place looked busy with tourists and the food looked alright. Something felt a bit wrong, but sat down anyway.

After waiting a very long time to order, even drinks, I ordered a mixed grill and my girlfriend ordered a steak, both well done.

My food came but the pork wasn't cooked. As I sent it back to the kitchen and ate the rest, (which to be fair was ok), my girlfriend sat and waited patiently.

As I finished, her bright pink steak arrived. We sent it back, and another one arrived, less pink granted, but still outrageously underdone considering we'd asked for it 'durch'.

By this time I'd well finished and I went in to tell the manager I wasn't paying for her meal and we were leaving. He did offer us some free drinks, but we just wanted to get out of there after a horrible night. He didn't seem particularly surprised this had happened.

This restaurant must be counting its lucky stars for tourists, because I doubt anyone living close would ever go back. Shame because it looked fairly decent from the outside.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“We would certainly eat here again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

During our short break in Berlin we visited this restaurant and both my husband and I ate the same mixed grill meal. The waitress who served us had brought us an English menu without us having to ask and the food was served quickly and was well cooked. Indeed, we enjoyed the food so much that we went back the following evening....our last in this city....we may have gone back again if we had been staying longer. There was a minor issue on the second visit when one of the waitresses brought a wrong drink but this was because her English was not particularly strong and this was soon resolved. The pricing of the meals was good and my only criticism is that at busy times two waitresses is not enough. I will certainly go again.

Tel-Aviv
“Worst steakhouse ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

I just came back from the restaurant with my wife and I was so mad I set down immediately to write this review.
We came into the restaurant which is right next to our hotel. It is positioned as an Argentinian steakhouse. The waitress escorted us to our table. After we set down we noticed that the table is dirty, there are no fork and knife and the glasses of the previous diners were still on the table. We tried to call to a waitress for about 5~10 minutes. Most of them didn't look towards the table and one f them that saw me waiving just ignored me. When we finally managed to get a hold of a waitress she acted like we are bothering her. We asked for an English menu and she brought us only one.
I ordered a 300 gram Entrecote steak medium made with french fries and a salad.
The steak was well done and burnt in the edges. I sent it back to the kitchen and again got a steak that was slightly less done but still not a medium made. At that point I was so hungry and angry, all I wanted is to eat, pay and leave.
The check came rather quick and also the whole payment procedure was quick. I only wish the rest of the service was also as quick as kicking you out the door.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere