“Yummy Asian food at an excellent price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Transit Restaurant

Transit Restaurant
Rosenthaler Strasse 68 | 10119, Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
030 247 816 45
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 7,102 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Indonesian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Mitte
Redmond, Washington
“Yummy Asian food at an excellent price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I decided to check this restaurant because I saw it was very popular on Foursquare and relatively close to the hotel we were staying. We went there without reservations and I think we got lucky. In 10 minutes we were sitting on a table on the outside balcony but the place was packed!

We ordered several €3 bowls to share and they were all supper yummy. We almost went for a second round but decided to try their desserts instead (I think the dessert I had was called Pirates of the Caribbean a chocolate mousse with passion fruit, I really recommend it).

It was the best and least expensive meal we had in Berlin. The atmosphere of the place is also super cool. Service was okay but none of the restaurants in Berlin impressed me by their service.

I would definitely go back to eat here again.

• Visited May 2013

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Tasty food in central Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent food with plenty of choice of dishes in small bowls, so you can try lots of dishes and share. Situated in Rosenthalerstrasse not far from Hackesche Höfe. You need to book as it gets very crowded.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Cheap, good variety and tasty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Found this popular place a little to the north of its supposed TripAdvisor location. Great range of small-medium sharing bowls for ?3. Highly recommended!

“Exellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for lunch, and was greeted by friendly, helpfull staff. Ordered 7 different ?3 dishes, all with distinct taste and great for sharing. Good value, paid under 50? with beers.

Mexico City, Mexico
“Thai-In berlin?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

When our tour guide recommended this place, my first reaction was to say, " Thai, in Berlin? That's like having Mexican in France." Yet, my partner made a good point: In any large metropolitan city you'll find excellent international food. This is no exception!
First off- I'd recommend reservations, we went on a sat and had to wait 45 minutes for a table. The best way to describe this place is a Thai tapas place. The portions are smallish and meant to be shared between everyone. You'll enter into a journey of flavours ranging for the spicy to sweet to the tangy. This place is definitely worth a stop in your stay in Berlin. Its pocket friendly, trendy, well located, and best of all delicious.

• Visited April 2013