“Excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 664 Hotels in Berlin
Montreal, Canada
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I arrived early on a Saturday and my room wasn't ready. They told me they would call me when my room was ready and they did! Arrived at the hotel and they had brought my bags up to my room for me which was really nice. There was a bathrobe and slippers available free of charge which was a treat. Front desk staff incredibly helpful, friendly and polite - going the extra mile to support. Breakfast was probably the best hotel breakfast I've ever had - homemade yoghurts, jams, croissants, cereals - incredibly healthy and fresh. Location is excellent with subway stop across the street. Only thing to improve on is the cooling of the room. I had it on max cool and still found it a little hot. But other than that, I will definitely look for other Cosmo properties in other cities. For the price I paid, I was incredibly impressed and very happy with my stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

THis was our first ever trip to Berlin and i chose COSMO on the basis of TA reviews and it looked dead cool in the pictures ! We were not dissapointed by our experience of the hotel or the City.

We chose a juniour suite on the 7th floor which was just fantastic. Great bed, shower etc. A few niggles on working the aircon and TV but probably more down to my own incompetence. And the staff were so helpful and friendly it was easy to forgive any slight niggle. For me the staff are always the key test of a hotel experience and again COSMO scores highly in my view.

Hotel is situated in pretty quiet location within an easy walk of most of the sites and good restaurants.

I would describe Berlin as really interesting and entertaining. Not beautiful compared to many European cities but then that should not be a major surprise when you understand its key role in modern history. Stand out moments for me. Our anniversay dinner at a superb Italian restaurant, Bocca di Bacco. The Holocaust museum . And superb shopping experience at KaDeWe.

Andy

Room Tip: Junior Suite
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Good location and very comfortable with everything you need in the bedroom, including bathrobes. No conditioner or cotton wool which would have been useful. Only downside was the very mixed service - for instance, on arrival I had to go up and down to second floor three times to be able to get into my room as lock wasn't working properly and would have been good if someone had come up with me. Service at dinner was good when it eventually arrived, but there was a 15 minute wait before a waiter came to the table. Have stayed there before and would like to go back, but not so sure any more and more likely to try somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for one on quiet side of hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Cosm has been my favourite in Berlin for quite a while.
On my last stay, the room requested was not available. The room assigned to me had sun shade pull down blinds rather than the black out curtains I have been used to from previous stays. As a very light sleeper with a need for a dark room at night, I asked for a different room.
Reception staff were very understanding, immediately searched their data base for rooms with curtains and offered the perfect room within a few minutes. I do not quite understand why not all rooms are equipped with the beautiful, light weight, easy to pull closed, yet totally black out curtains.
Nevertheless, I was very impressed with the service accommodating my specific needs.
The stay then was as always perfect, excellent food, perfectly clean and spacious (luxury)
room and very, very friendly staff from reception, restaurant to bar.
I'll definitely keep staying there when in Berlin

Room Tip: if you are a light sleeper and need darkness for a good sleep make sure to get a room with "bla...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
COSMO_Hotel_Berlin, Junior Manager Convention Sales at COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Hongkon,
thank you for your recent review for COSMO Hotel and your loyalty to COSMO so far.

We are happy to hear that you always feel welcome and special when at COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte.

We continue in doing our best to uphold our standard and we are looking forward to welcoming you again!

Kindest regards,

the COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte Team
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really liked this hotel. Very modern. Walked to most of Berlin's sights from the hotel. The only disappointing features: 1. there is no free wifi in the room. We travel for half the year each year and stay in lots of hotels. It seems the trend is to free wifi, certainly in the USA. 2. the bath is difficult for elderly folks as it is quite high to climb out of. Otherwise all is ok, staff are very nice.

Vila Velha, ES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Great hotel.
Good place to stay.
It was Very close to U-Banh.
Very confortable and convenient.
The staff was friendly.
The shopping district and Brademborg tor were very close.
I will return.
I loved it.

Room Tip: Great hotel. Corner sites are larger. Beter than i could imagine.
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Location is convenient: Accross the (busy) street is a subway station (Spittelmarkt). Was in Berlin for business. Cosmo Hotel is a very convenient location to the German Ministry of Foreign Affairs (4 minutes walk along the canal). But also for the Museumsinsel or Friedrichstrasse the location is very good. I was up at teh 4th or 5th floor - view of typical GDR buildings (Plattenbau).
Hotel is new. My room was very clean, sparsely furnished, with a big athroom. The room itself was small, no closet or drawer to put shirts, socks, etc. but a place to hang two suits max. Bed was so so - mattress had a dent (too many heavy guest, all sleeping on the same side...?)
Breakfast is very good - organic food, nicely presented, variety of excellent breads, cheese, fruits, muesli... Never eat dinner there, but I was told that food is very good
I would return to the hotel

Room Tip: Strassenseitig sind die Zimmer lärmig (im Sommer, wenn man die Fenster offen hat) Obere Stockwerke...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to COSMO Hotel Berlin Mitte? Share your experiences!