“Experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Had both a real good dinner, everything fresh made and well served. Could eat tonight outside, so a real experience. Really a restaurant to go to, setup hereby recommended.

Long Beach, California
“German cuisine without the tourist trappings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Based on the recommendations from the concierge at our hotel, we enjoyed a delicious yet pricey meal of local Berlin cuisine. We arrived 2 hours earlier than our scheduled 8PM dinner reservation and were escorted into an intimate and empty dining room adjacent to the bar where patrons were enjoying happy hour. Our waiter was extremely attentive and suggested that we choose a portion of the asparagus that were in season, as he stated that they were the best in Berlin. He also assisted us with the entrée choice of pork loin and the accompanying German Chardonnay. The dining area was quite romantic with ample natural lighting and a selection of fresh floral arrangements with a small table that included a selection of liqueurs and local schnapps. The wine was quite enjoyable and we were served a basket of bread with a delicious spread while waiting for our entrée. The pork loin and asparagus were very well prepared and paired with a delightful hollandaise sauce. My husband enjoyed the schnapps and we were too full to order dessert. For those willing to part with 100 euros for a dinner for two, this is a great choice.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Heaping amount of German Deliciousness!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We wanted an authentic German food experience (not a crowded touristy sausage and beer joint) and this place fit the bill!! Located in a lovely neighborhood just southwest of the city center sits this family owned little gem of a German food experience. The waiter was extremely friendly and helpful, the decor was tasteful and the place had an overall good ambiance, not too pretentious but not too basic. I had the pork loin with spatzle. The amount of food was very generous and I had to force myself to stop eating before getting the spatzle sweats. My partner went mostly to humour me as she doesn't eat meat and is a rather picky eater. She had the salmon and potatoes and said that it was fine... but this is not their specialty, so I can't rate them by this dish, just stick with the German Specialties menu and you will be more than satisfied!

• Visited May 2013
Europe
“Authentic, German, Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant a couple of times when visiting Berlin. First time I was given a recommendation by the concierge at the hotel I was staying at. When travelling I always enjoy eating local food - I mean, If you visit Germany you really don't want pizza and Chinese food every day.
This is the real thing: Very German, authentic food, lots of locals dining there. Authentic German means you can arrive hungry because portions are large, food is honest and traditional , and service is very correct but friendly Get a traditional German dish, beer or try one of the excellent dry Riesling wines. There is also a good selection of the typical German fruit flavored liquors- highly recommended with the dessert. Prices are very reasonable.

Good place for a long evening with friends or spouse. Not typical casual, and not overly formal atmosphere. This is a restaurant I will return to when I go back to Berlin.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Everything was just perfect. Highly recommended.
Tried salmon and herring for cold starters and Fillet-Pot „Leibniz-Klause“ - excellent.
Service was also very good. Definetly will come back there.

• Visited May 2013