“the worst customer service!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Yoyo FoodWorld

Yoyo FoodWorld
Gartnerstrasse 27, 10245 Berlin, Germany (Friedrichshain)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,591 of 6,282 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
berlino
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the worst customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been there quite a few times, and I will say, for honesty, the food is good,
since it's "fake", healthy junkfood(vegan burgers,vegan gyros, vegan kebab, etc,)
and they have some of the fries the city can offer, but since my last experience I decided I'll never go there again...The people that works there always have been "borderline" unpolite, every single time I've been there to eat. I tought that probably it is because the place is often really busy and they are 2, max 3 people at the time working over there for long shifts, which anyway it's not acceptable in my opinion, you always need to be polite to the people you are serving I think, otherwise you don't let them enjoy the food and the atmosphere...
So it happened that i called these 2 guys that were there 3 times, talking to each other, totally ignoring me while I was standing in front of them with my meal ready on the table, asking for a pot of mayo...the reaction was, at the 4th time I called them with a "annoyed" voice asking fo my mayo, this girldoing faces and grimaces to my face telling me to respect people that were working....also the other guy came finally with this pot of mayo telling me to chill out.. UNBELIEVABLY UNPOLITE

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Vegan fast food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Yoyo in Friedrichshain offers an impressive menu of burgers as well as pizzas, wraps, some classic dishes and beer too. We ate here twice, having burgers both times, and we were not disappointed. The decor is basic but the atmosphere is great when it's busy. This place is a must for lovers of vegan fast food!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amsterdam, Nederland
“So many options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

They have A LOT of different vegan burgers to choose from. These well-dressed burgers tasted great too. We weren't too fond of the fries: they were incredibly salty.

It took a while to get used to the place: it looks like the backstage area of a music venue: not very inviting. Though the hands-off approach of the staff did make us feel at home.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Greasy vegan food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I really wanted to love this place, but we can't. Menu is in German, but isn't too hard to figure out the main idea. We ordered the special of the day, an oriental salad, and it came absolutely drenched in several different dressings and with several different kinds of fried, filled balls and potato spring rolls on top. It seemed more like a plate of dressing with salad on the side. Halfway through the salad everything was soggy (both the fried things and the lettuce leaves). Eggplant was super greasy, too. My boyfriend ordered the cheeseburger and fries which came with a cup full of vegan mayo...again way overboard on the sauces here (I think this might have been a mistake). Not a particularly tasty burger though in general. We left feeling a bit sick.

Service was fast and basic (order at the counter then pick up your food). Maybe if you love really super greasy food that all tastes the same you'll appreciate this place, but definitely not what we were looking for.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“vegetarian fastfood done well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

my girlfriend recommended we visit YoYo, I'm really glad we did - a great menu of fast food ranging from the ubiquitous burger to schnitzels and pizza.

we had schnitzels, salad and (home made) fries; great portions, tasty food and of course like most things in Berlin, good value.

don't be put off by the rudimentary website, check some other reviews on the web.

I'll be back!