“Best Vietnamese I've had” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monsieur Vuong

Monsieur Vuong
Alte Schonhauser Str. 46 | Berlin-Mitte, 10119 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 30 99296924
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 5,667 restaurants in Berlin
Good for: Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: Mitte
Description: Inspired by Vietnamese cookshops, MONSIEUR VUONG offers you freshly cooked vietnamese dishes from the south of the country and the tropical gardens of the Mekong Delta. Savour the appealing aromas of lemongrass, curry, exotic herbs or roasted sesame.
San Antonio, TX
“Best Vietnamese I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband and I recently made a return trip to Monsieur Vuong after first discovering it on a trip to Berlin in Summer 2011. It's a cult favorite in hip Mitte - always crowded and groups are seated together in long communal tables. It's a small menu packed with hits, including my personal favorite, a glass noodle salad with tofu dredged in savory breadcrumbs, fresh mint, and little hints of spice. My husband went for the savory Pho in a chicken broth with chewy noodles. Monsieur Vuong is always on my Berlin "must eat" list. Crowded and casual, I noticed that many patrons brought their kids as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

87% Recommend
  • Polish first
Trondheim, Norway
“Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice atmosphere, tasty Vietnamese food, definetively!
We had 6 different dishes, and everything was tasty, plentiful and delicious. Recommended!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Australia
“Healthy, tasty and cheap.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stumbled on this restaurant late last night. It was packed but still managed to get a table for two outside. The food was truly Vietnamese but with the fusion of red cabbage gave it a twist. Sensational coriander and chilli flavours in the chicken salad soup style dish I had. The small was 5.20 euro and enough for me. Staff very efficient, friendly and helpful. Drinks were interesting and yummy. If you like Vietnamese and healthy food with flavour and loads of veggies you will love this place.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Never disappoints. ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I had been here before and was a little afraid it wouldn't be as good as I remembered - but it was. The drinks are a little bit odd - but yummy!

Austin, Texas
“Hip and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I (early 50s) took our college students and their friends here for dinner. We had a bit of a wait--it was a Friday night and there were seven of us--but it was well-worth the wait, and didn't break the bank, either. I hadn't realized how much good Vietnamese food you could find in Berlin, but Monsieur Vuong's was the best.

Visited May 2013