“Great bar, great food, good service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hirsch Bar

Hirsch Bar
Kopernikusstrasse 3 | Fredrichshain, 10243 Berlin, Germany (Friedrichshain)
030 296 63 296
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Cambridge
“Great bar, great food, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had the last evening meal of our short trip here. It is just a minute away from the Upstalsboom hotel which I've also reviewed.

It was a good idea reserving a table as it is clearly a popular little place. It has a rustic feel and after speaking with the lovely waiter/barman we found it was based on 'dirty south' food and priniples e.g nothing snooty and posh-just good honest grub and atmosphere.

You get a good filling meal for under 10 Euro. The snitzel was very good and others in our group had pasta which was also very good. There was a little wait for food but as the menu says on it-they prepare it all and cook it with attention-opposed to mass produced tourist microwaved rubbish. It certainly was some of the best food we had in Berlin for half the price.

The drinks were served promptly and were also reasonably priced.

We were very pleased and ended up staying for a few hours enjoying the atmosphere with a delicious pancake and ice cream desert :)

Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cardiff
“Favourite Bar in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The staff all speak very good English and are very chatty. The beer selection is vast with at least 4 beers on tap and 20 or so bottled beers. Less than €3 for a pint of Erdinger, a bottle of wine for around€10! The food is OK.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kent, England
“Nice beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Bar is rather small and a large part of it is a smoking area. The choice of beer is good and overall a nice atmosphere. The menu is a bit restricted and although the food was OK I'd seek a larger choice. Would certainly go again for a beer

Visited October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Schnitzel - Cool Neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I got the name of this place from a guide on the Segway tour. I was skeptical but having finally found it I figured I'd at least have a beer. I saw the food on other tables and was intrigued. I'm glad I stayed because I found the best Schnitzel I've ever eaten. Friendly neighborhood pub with great food. What's better than that?

Visited August 2012
“Local bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

In a city full of tourists its nice to spot a place where the locals sit. Good german food and beer. Nice people.