“Well presented, great wine list, but not so delicious :/” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Reinstoff

Restaurant Reinstoff
Schlegelstrasse 26 | Edison Höfe Berlin, 10115 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 30 30 88 12 14
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mitte
New York City, New York
“Well presented, great wine list, but not so delicious :/”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went to this restaurant ad tried their chief omakase menu.
everything was very well presented.
never a plate was served just for one at the time but always have two waiters carrying one place each for us to be presented at the same time.
very unique concept of eating tooth brush figured frozen yorgurt etc i love the concept of dining here but taste,,,, not so much :/
ambiance is posh, place was very quiet but full.
I would recommend to try it once to see if you like it.
we also did wine pairing and it was not so cheap at all lol
and i only liked couple of them .

• Visited September 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem in Berlin with good menu but not with all the Michelin trimmings.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have recently dined in the 2 Michelin Star Reinstoff Restaurant.

Following a taxi journey to this place (it is really a HIDDEN gem), we were warmly greeted and shown to our table.

I had high expectations as we normally always dine in a Michelin restaurant whilst on holidays and we had read a lot about this place.

We were given the choice between a near and far menu and having had my fair share of bad German beef steaks we both opted for the 5 course "far away" menu.

Interestingly it was mainly vegetarian and I only had one meat course which was slightly disappointing. I did have beautiful turbot however which made up for it. The small little tasters in between courses were probably my favourite bits! The chocolate dessert that my partner had was also beautiful.

We had some help choosing a wine and opted for a lovely German wine that was a good choice. We also had some beautiful German brut to start!

Overall the service was really excellent and non intrusive. There is not a stuffy atmosphere and it is all presented in a very relaxed and informal environment.

On the downside- this restaurant has two stars. I therefore expect excellent bread with a selection of butters , tap water, a cheese platter, perhaps some wine pairings and also a bit more in the way of dessert. One "sweet" course just felt a bit too sudden. There was no sort of build up to it and the dinner ended very suddenly. Also, two of the courses tasted very similar. The potato noodles, which was actually my favourite course tasted pretty similar to one of the other courses.

Perhaps I am being harsh but I have eaten in some 2 star restaurants and what differentiates this is the small touches. The star baker appears with a basket filled with fresh bread and tells you about the breads and offers 2-3 different butters. In addition to this, I like to have a few wines throughout the night that compliment the food. I also think that tap water should be a given. We live in Europe where there is plentiful water. There are people dying of thirst in the world and here we are paying 10euros for a bottle of water!!! I specifically asked for tap water, but instead we were given bottled. Bit annoyed, there is just no need. I am a food lover, but water is water to be honest. Also, I would have liked the choice of a cheese board. Some German cheeses would have been great!!

Overall we paid 300euros for water, x2 glasses of sparkling wine, x1 bottle of German wine, and x2 5 course dinners. This was reasonable for what we got, but I was not completely overwhelmed. I would recommend it, but just be warned; if you like the typical tasting menu with wine pairings, cheese platter and usual trimmings don't expect it as you will not get it here. On the plus side, their service is really very very good!

• Visited October 2013
piemonte
“Good, interesting, relaxing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well this is not the place in which you can breathe a "berliner"air. It's more one of the expressions of the international development in progress in this city. At any rate if you're fed up with wurstel and pork's meat come here. The venue is beautiful, hidden in a "hof" or courtyard. The ambiance is absolutley pleasant as the staff is. The cuisine is modern, but not excessively tangled. You'll appreciate flavours and textures with satisfaction and you'll have an easy digestion. Bread is amazing. The choice is limited to two menus (a clear restraint) preceeded and followed by little and light creations by the chef. The wine list is a bit weird, because they chose to include only german and spanish wines. I don't know why, so if you are Champagne addicts come after having had a flute of it elsewhere with all the respect toward Cavas and Sekts. It is a priced restaurant, but we left definitely satisfied.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Moscow, Russia
“Interesting dinner spot in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Tasty food with original serving.
We had course of 5 dishes and it was more then quite enough for dinner.
All dishes were tasty and original, as we expected them to be.
Sevice is not bad, bud some staff`s english was hard to understand...but its not for food.
Athmospere is quiet and relaxed, liked lighting.

Will recommend this place as an unusual experienxe to my friends and colleagues.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Exceptional restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is an exceptional restaurant with exquisite food - original, intricate and beautiful and full of interesting unusual flavours. The best we have ever tasted in Germany. We were over in Berlin from England for a short break and were so impressed with Reinstoff, we agreed that it compared favourably with The Fat Duck. Do try it.

• Visited August 2013