“I love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 668 Hotels in Berlin
Istanbul, Turkey
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located in Mitte. I stayed in casa camper hotel in Barcelona before. It has the same concept. Very simple and practical breakfast buffet. This buffet area turns into a free snack buffet for the rest of the day. It really makes you feel at home. The rooms are really comfy and all the staff very very friendly and helpful. I totally love it and would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
new york
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is situated very conveniently in the center of Berlin and with subway station less than a block away. It has all the necessities for short stay. The hotel is clean and it has 24-hr complimentary bar on the top floor with nice views of the city.
However one does not feel comfortable in this hotel. From the reception desk where employees hardly ever smile, hardly ever greet you (as a matter of fact they turn faces away when you come and go, almost as if not to greet you), to the dining hall where the same story continues. The employees will definitely not go out of their way to help you. When I arrived (earlier than check in time) and asked if my room was ready, the answer was laconic and almost rude: check in is at 3 (or 4, I do not remember).
The rooms, even have everything one needs, are totally devoid of any warmth. It is like a hospital: you stay there but you wish you weren't.
I usually judge all the hotels by this question: would you go back to stay there. To this hotel the answer is resounding NO.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I agree with all the positive comments about the hotel. It is in a good location, the staff are friendly and the rooms are very nice and well designed. The walk in shower is great, the toiletries are good quality and there is plenty of space and light in the bathroom area. The 7th floor lounge is excellent and the quality of the food and drinks is high. Hot food is cooked to order at breakfast and brought to your table and there is an extensive cold buffet too. In the evening this is a good place to sit with a drink and a snack and see the lights of Berlin. Our room was on the 4th floor and there was no noise from the street. Check out is midday but on our last day were were allowed to keep the room until we left for the airport at 1pm. We had dinner at Dos Palillos one evening and really enjoyed it.
There were a couple of things that stopped it being perfect. The bedroom area is rather dark even with the lights on and the air conditioner didn't work properly. Even on the lowest setting the room was very warm which made it difficult to sleep. We did report this but it didn't improve.
It's not cheap to stay here but it is worth it.

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a great find! Big room and great value, comfy bed and lots of light in the room, well maintained, friendly service, and I LOVE the 24 hour 'snack bar' upstairs - what an awesome touch. The service was A+, the location is A+, the big bathroom mirror and the design and the availability of anything you need any time? A++++! Casa Camper, you are my home in Berlin!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Have just had three nights 16 to 19 June at this modern Berlin hotel
Good sized rooms ,great cafe facility open 24 seven for guests included as part of tariff .
helpful staff and walking distance to all Berlin has to offer
will happily return on our next visit

tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We just got back from a weekend in Berlin. The best thing about the hotel is the location- in the center of he Mitte. Around every corner you can find a cool place- bar or restaurants, packed with a really good crowed. The 7th floor lounge is great: from the breakfast to he snacks, drinks etc. the staff is very attentive and were happy to help us at anytime. The room is just as you can see in the other reviews, it was a bit too minimalistic for my taste but all the facilities were very good. Overall we had a great time at Casa camper and we definitely recommend it!

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I will start with the bad because it was the bad that first presented itself to me and if I had been doing this review at check in, 2 might have even been a stretch.

I confirmed my arrival the day before and drove from Stockholm to the hotel arriving around 6pm. It was a Sunday so traffic was fine but of course, its Berlin so parking on the street out front of the hotel is non existent and the area was busy with people and cars. The 'load zone' is not marked and looks like just any old part of the street so I ended up illegally parked and around the corner trying to figure out where I should be parking. It didn't help that I came from the wrong direction opposite the load zone and doing a U-turn as my first order of business wasn't what I had in mind in the middle of a busy street.

So, I rush into the hotel with my luggage and start the check in. I am more concerned at this particular juncture about my illegal parking and how to get to a proper parking spot. Its at this time I am told that the parking is full (its from the hotel next door). Uh, ok, where should I be going? Here is where things feel apart at check in - the clerk didn't know! More concerning to me, they are talking about the wifi password when they should be talking about getting me to a parking space (having told them I am not in a proper spot).

Long and short of this, I am directed to two places, one of which turns out to not even be a parking 'house' (or haus as they said) but a street and it was....full. I manage to get down to the mall for parking but the clerk wasn't even able to tell me what street the entrance was on - I goof it initially trying for a parking complex that turns out to be a car rental return. Basically, I spent 45 minutes post arrival to finally get parked having relied on a gps to get around. With just myself and a street map from the hotel, I would have been truly hurting and would have taken even longer. It was 13 hours from Stockholm to Berlin and almost 1/13th more to get....parked! Not a great start.

So, there is your first negative - if you have a car, book a space before you show and if you are going to be late make sure they don't give it away. Make sure you look at street view on Google closely so you know where you are trying to get to in order to get unloaded in front of the hotel as the spot is, frankly, tiny and looks more like a cab stop at most.

The second negative was again by virtue of being a late check in I got what simply has to be the worst room in the hotel - 119 (room tip, you don't want 119). First floor, opposite an office building where people from the street and the whole office tower can watch you brush your teeth if you are brave enough to leave the curtains open and a tram line for some nice room shaking noise. If you were higher, you would at least get rid of the street viewing but at 119 level, the opposite side of the street (at ground level) has no problem looking in on your bathroom (and probably takes until 319 to eliminate that but you won't get rid of the office block problem on any of the 19 ending rooms).

Now then, how can you recover from a 1/2 to 3? Because at least there are some very nice elements that helped to salvage the initial disaster. What are they?

Internet access worked well. Room was nice and funky. Shower was very nice with great pressure. Bike rental was easy from the hotel itself. The location is very good for nearby restaurants and touristy things (especially if you get a bike).

The biggie though, on the top of the hotel is the restaurant which has an honor bar and all kinds of snacks and fruit that go along with (if chips and fruit were not free, well, uh, I didn't see a form charging for them so that was nice). So, post the parking debacle, I was able to have a very large pour of red wine for a reasonable price for a glass helping smooth the tension - by then I figured I was owed it! Its a nice spot in the evening for a drink/nibble pre heading out and really was the nicest aspect of the hotel for me. Had I not checked in so late and got 119 and had the parking issue not come up, this place could have been a 4.

My biggest advice - front desk staff need to know about where parking lots are, what entrance they are on and more than a couple options (the mall one was almost full when I got to it and if it had been full on top of the first one, I would have been really up the creek).

Room Tip: Say no to rooms ending in 19 unless you are higher than 319