“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of coa

coa
Potsdamer Platz 5, 10785 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
030 2300 5462
Neighborhood: Mitte
netherlands
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

It's nothing more than an Asian fast food. Food was average, I would even say that the dim sum were quite tasteless. It's not a fancy place, nor is the food or the service. I would not return.

Visited April 2013

Venezia
“a pleasant place in potsdamer platz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went to Coa because we tried to go to the adiacent "Va piano" but it was full and crowded even if it was 3pm. The restaurant is in minimalist style, modern, clean. At that hour it was easy to find places to seat. We were 3people. We ate the appetizer mix for 2(14€) and all the 3main course (rice, rice noodles and fried noodles), I took also two balls of ice-cream for dessert, one of green tea and one of spicy mango.. my boyfriend a warm green tea. We were satisfied, even my boyfriend who is not asian/viet/china food fan! We paid 60€, consider that 3bottles of water cost a lot in Germany! A minus was one waitress, who didn't smile once, or even try to understand our german or our english, she was simply rude; the other one was very kind and helpful.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Hot food in a very cold city in March”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Cao, on Potsdamer Platz in Berlin is worth a visit. The food is wholesome and very tasty and you can sit for hours reading with nobody pushing you out the door. I was travelling on my own and the staff were very friendly and efficient. It was freezing cold outside and so I was ready for the hot food before braving the elements again! The food is very well priced- for 3 courses, a mineral and a coffee I paid about €20. That is great value. It is quite funny as the dishes' titles are in English and the ingredients are in German. I had no German and therefore was putting my trust in the titles! It was interesting and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The restaurant is not mentioned in the Lonely Planet guide to Berlin and I thought it should be.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cairo, Egypt
“Good asian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Good food, good service, good location. couldnt find anything wrong with this place, but nothing fascinating either.

Visited March 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Nice lunch break when doing Berlin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

A various menu with ieg many different dumplings, fried duck, traditional chinese food, etc. They had pots with livng herb plants on the tables for self service seasoning and decorating. Ordered drinks arrived soon and many dishes had been made in advance or prepared in a good way, beacuse the food arrived not very much later. Almost modest prices, at least compared with other restaurants in this part of Berlin. A little exercice after the lunch, a walk for a quarter of an hour to Brandenburger Tor, easy to find your way, because they are in opposite ends of the same street. The girls in our families get fond of this restaurant so we visited it for a second lunch during our week in Berlin. Very good public transport to Potzdamer Platz.

• Visited July 2012