“Great Italian restaurant in Berlin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Piccolo Mondo

Ristorante Piccolo Mondo
Reichsstr. 9, 14052 Berlin, Germany (Westend)
(030) 304 47 34
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Westend
Montreal, Canada
“Great Italian restaurant in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The antis her and the decor make you fell in Italy as well as the food.
Try their spaghetti with truffles prepare in a large Parmesan bold. Every time I come to Berlin I make sure to go their to have it.

• Visited June 2014

Mannheim
“Excellent food and late night welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

After a 9 hours trip, arriving after 10:30 pm our hotel (Villa Kastania) recommended Piccolo Mondo and we booked a table. The welcome was very friendly, the interior comfortable, the restaurant was still packed and, most important, they offered us the full menu. We had some tagliatelle in a parmigiano bed, an experience by itself. Good wine, fun company with the waiters. I do not know what is above or below average, but I definitely know whether the price is fair and it was.
Will come back definitely.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Reasonable food and nice service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

When visiting a country that is not far away from the home of the best cuisine in the world (yes, I mean Italy. French and spanish cooking may magnificent on occasion, but the everyday food you get in the average italian restaurant remains the best average in the western world), when visiting such a country, and the country's capital, you have some expectations on what will be offered.
The location of the restaurant is in a fashionable part of Berlin, while off-centre, it is still considered a place where people with a lot of money spend them. And their time.
The food was average, which, frankly, was a disappointment. I had expected more. I had the tri-pasta which was fine, but nothing out of the ordinary. The small entrées and the complimentary olives where very, very basic. The wine selection was good, and we had an excellent bottle of red wine. However, we kicked off dinner with asking for a glass of champagne, and I am guessing here, but we did not get champagne. I payed for champagne, but we got two glasses of excellent Italian sparkling white wine, that, technically, is not allowed to be labeled champagne. I have to be perfectly honest here and state that I may be mistaken - I haven't tasted every champagne, and every bottle, but I have drunk a lot of champagne in my time and when you go to a fancy italian restaurant, and order champagne (which, by the way, was one of the most expensive drinks on the wine-list) you expect something that you'd recognize.
The waiters were nice, the outdoor veranda was a bit to smoke-infested for my taste, and I will not be going back. There are too many italian restaurants out there for me to give this place a second chance.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leipzig, Germany
“Great Italian Cuisine, very nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Located very near the "Theodor Heuss Platz" (Westend/Charlottenburg neighborhood) the restaurant is very good to reach by car and by suburban railway. They have all the classical Italian cuisine in a fine quality. The staff is overwhelmingly friendly. The prices are a bit above the average, but appropriate.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Classic Hospitality, Excellent Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant business is also called hospitality industry. The hospitality at Ristorante Piccolo Mondo is an example of hospitality as it should be in every restaurant. The reception, the smiles and friendliness of all members of personnel are genuine, the focus is on the guest. As they freely bring you additional appetizers which go with your choice of wine or food, you really feel like a guest. I have had the pleasure of frequent visits, and the attitude, as well as the quality of the cuisine have been consistently at the highest level.

• Visited August 2013