“Convenient, but I'd go elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Louisiana Kid
Alte Schonhauser Str. 2, 10119 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,252 of 5,979 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Mitte
Seattle, Washington
“Convenient, but I'd go elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012 via mobile

Food was ok, but not the best. I wouldn't go there again, but I went because it was really convenient.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Graz, Austria
“Great food, strange atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

Burgers, can't fault them..just what we were after...really, really tasty and fantastic sauce. A bit cheap on the fries, but one of the best burgers I have ever had.

The waiter ( mid 40's, grey hair, slight beard)...just strange. He gave the distinct impression that customers were a hindrance, an effort. Rolled his eyes at the table next to us with 3 kids, took smoking breaks in front of the restaurant in between service. Sorry. this might work at a diner on a lonely desert highway in Texas, but come on...it's not a Wim Wenders film. Didn't tip him, he seemed totally uninterested in service or customer care.

Great food, but typical brisk and uninterested Berlin service. Berlin, the city that says if you don't like it , then clear off, or other unprintable words.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Germany
“a restaurant which will remain a mystery”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I would have loved to give a positive feedback about that restaurant, which looked quite good from the outside; unfortunately, we were sitting on the terrace, and although the waiter noticed us when he came out, we waited a half hour with no one coming to give us a menu card. My boyfriend then went in and ordered some drinks. They might have been nice ones but after a further 20 minutes waiting we decided to leave. We will thus never know whether this restaurant has a nice menu!

• Visited July 2011
Berlin
“Interesting menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

I enjoyed my visit to this place. I have lived in Berlin for many years but am from Texas, USA. I also lived in New Orleans. The food was average. I recently found another place in Berlin that will also serving Louisiana food - The New Orleans Haus. I went to a party there and the food was very good. I believe they opening very soon. But I will also go back to the Louisiana Kid to try it again.

“This place was pretty bad. The gumbo...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009 via mobile

This place was pretty bad. The gumbo tasted like generic supermarket frozen stir fry mix - more mass market Chinese than Louisiana. The service was slow and inattentive. The restaurant itself lacked any real peronality. There are pictures of African American historical and cultural figures on the walls, but the place had no soul whatsoever.

I left my food on the table, paid the bill, and went and got some excellent noodles across the street at Good Morning Vietnam.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere