“High quality food and nice environment” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 5,979 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Las Vegas, Nevada
“High quality food and nice environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food and service at Don Camillo are excellent, my only complaint is that service is a bit slow.

It's a great place if you have 2 1/2 - 3 hours for dinner, but don't plan on anything less than 2 hours.

Visited March 2013

Solbergelva
“dreams in every mouthful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were at this restaurant in Des 2012.This was the best restaurant we ate in on our stay in Berlin. 6 gourmet loving persons entered Don Camillo hungry.

It was stange not to have a meneu til pik out our disires-but the head waiter guidet us through all the courses.
He showed us the basic ingreadienses and we picked out what we wished . All 4 courses -everybody had were top nodch.
The waiters recommeded wine to the different courses and
I dream of coming back soon.

thanks for a great evening..

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very good ingredients, warm service, interesting build your own concept”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I dined at Don Camillo with family about a month ago (January); from its decor the restaurant might seem a bit demodé, or unsophisticated, but trust me, the food and the service make up for it wonderfully. Whilst the "ingredient cart-make your own" approach might not be everyone's cup of tea, it does allow you to feast your imagination (and palate) and design interest combinations with the ingredients you like, or with those that you are not familiar with, but still want to try. Also, given how the service is very good (our waiter made the effort to repeat the choices and recipes in two different languages -italian and german- just to accommodate to our diverse table), you can count on sound advice in case you are undecided. The wine selection is good, and the desserts are quite interesting -the sweet potato one was a favorite of one in our party who is diabetic and can't eat added sugar-. My only warning is that the price can be quite steep if you get carried away with the ingredients (as in ordering several ingredients per course).

• Visited January 2013
Koszalin, Poland
“I don't know why the rate is so high”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I do not place places where there is no menu and no pricelist. I had an impression that they judge you by your appearance and the size of your wallet. Presenting fresh fish on the plates and letting them stay there for another couple of hours gives you an impression that not everything is really fresh when it is being served. I also assume that the price is a bit too high for a place that is a bit fusty and old-fashioned. I like coming back to places I used to visit, but not necesairly to Don Camillo

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mexico City, Mexico
“Great Italian (Sicilian) upscale restaurant. Pricey. VERY FRESH, Excelent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Reading tripadvisor's great ratings, my wife and I went to this place and we were not disappointed, but greatly surprised!
Despite coming in late (9pm), our server was kind and took the time to explain to us what they had and how to prepare it. He was eager to answer every question and please our desires.
It's somehow pricey but definitely worth the price. The house wine was very good.

• Visited August 2012