“Delicious vegan food for all!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Mano Verde

La Mano Verde
Uhlandstrasse 181-183, 10623 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
(030) 827 03 120
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,769 of 6,273 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Foxrock, Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious vegan food for all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am a passionate vegan and my boyfriend is a passionate meat and dairy eater!he kindly agreed to come to this restaurant with me!we were greeted by the waiter who took our coats and led us to our seat!we had not booked one either!the waiter was quite shy and appeared reserved, as we had imagined that he had rarely been treated with kindness and respect!he quickly came out of his shell and was so informative and recommended an array of delicious foods!we got a bottle of white to share. I got the raw vegan maki which was to die for!for mains my boyfriend got the ravioli and i got the tempeh!the food was delisciuous but I wasnt fond of the tempeh but that is because I do not digest gluten very well so that was probably my problem!the taste was lovely though!the bill came in a lovely wooden treasure chest!the restaurant was quite busy with a diverse age ranged crowd!the location is great and the decor of the place is very upper-class and trendy!would recommend this in a heart beat!however it was quite pricey at 78e!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney, Australia
“Awful. Horrible food and service. Please don't.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Our four dishes were very salty. And the ingredients were not fresh at all. This is not what one expects from a vegetarian restaurant...
Dessert was tasteless.
But the wine was very good :)
Once the waitress asked how the food was (because the plates returned half full to the kitchen) we said it was too salty for us and she didn't seem to take it well. At all.
As we were ready to leave, it was around 11:30pm and it was snowing, so we asked if she could kindly call us a taxi.
Her reply: "you can find a cab in front of the hotel across the square. There are always taxis there. It is much easier that way then trying to explain to the taxi driver over the phone how to get here to the restaurant..."
And she was not joking. No tip, then.
And very upset (and hungry) customers....
There must be other vegetarian options in Berlin. I've heard about Cookies and Cream (or something like that) that is supposed to be good, upscale veggie.
We've tried W Der Imbiss and Monsieur Vuong (not 100% veggie but with a couple of good choices in the menu). Although we cannot compare. Those 2 are very informal and like 1/3 the price of La Mano Verde.
The chef at our hotel (Schlosshotel in Grunewald) recommended La Mano Verde, so our expectations were ver high.
Once he was aware of our experience there, the next night he prepared us a fabullous veggie dinner with fresh dips and a delicious carrot and coconut soup at the hotel...
So, if you have a bad experience at La Mano Verde, just head to the Schlosshotel and order a special vegetarian meal :)

Visited February 2013
London
“Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I ate at La Mano Verde this evening with two friends and thought I should write straight away as I have seen some very mixed reviews on here. The service was great and understated and we all like the room very much - appealing and rather beautiful. But what sets it apart from the other vegetarian/ Vegan restaurants in Berlin is the food. It served the best raw food I have EVER tasted. We shared three courses and even ordered a delicious lime/almond gazpacho to share as a n extra starter. Sublime food., Every course was a taste sensation. The woman who served us was friendly and knowledgeable and I warmly recommend you try it. You truly won't regret it.
Cheap for food of this quality and presentation. we all agreed it was one of the best meals we have ever had.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Granada, Spain
“Good food, Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went to Mano Verde this evening following a day of meetings. Nice restaurant, good, understated service.
My starter 'Bombay Rolls' seemed to be a facsimile of a spring roll and was only OK and very expensive for what it was at €7.50.
The main course whilst still pricey, made up for this. A superb salsa verde with eggplant.
My verdict? Go, but be prepared to pay!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting vegan food at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As we were staying next door to this restaurant, being vegetarian, we had to try it. The menu was creative.
We waited quite a while for the starter but to prevent us from getting too hungry they kindly brought us a snack to be going on with. Unfortunately my main course was spoiled because it was too salty but the rest of the food was fine. They did ask why i hadn't eaten it and then brought me another one, but it was the same food. Overall not as good as other upmarket vegan restaurants we have been to at home and abroad, although the same sort of price.

Visited January 2013