“Interesting vegan food at a price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting vegan food at a price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

As we were staying next door to this restaurant, being vegetarian, we had to try it. The menu was creative.
We waited quite a while for the starter but to prevent us from getting too hungry they kindly brought us a snack to be going on with. Unfortunately my main course was spoiled because it was too salty but the rest of the food was fine. They did ask why i hadn't eaten it and then brought me another one, but it was the same food. Overall not as good as other upmarket vegan restaurants we have been to at home and abroad, although the same sort of price.

Visited January 2013

London
“Overpriced and pretentious”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Having read a positive review of La Mano Verde- and being vegetarian- I was looking forward to lunch there. Shortly after sitting down and browsing the menu we were more or less told to get a move on as the kitchen was closing in thirty minutes. Not the kind of service to be expected of a place that expects its customers to hand over €6.50 for a glass of orange juice! The decor is stylish and the food was fresh and the dishes well-executed but not special enough to justify the prices it commands. I was generally disappointed all round. A day or two later we went to another place called Natural'Mente- not far from Schloss Charlottenburg- which also specialises in bio/vegan/vegetarian fare. Not only was it much tastier, it was far more reasonable and the service impeccable. Perhaps La Mano Verde could learn a thing or two from their example...

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Best vegan/raw food in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We made the reservation via the Internet. That was a good idea as the restaurant was very well visited. The interior is classic gourmet restaurant: White table cloth, candles on the table and a kind of romantic atmosphere. The room is kind of raw though - bricks on the wall, kind of industrial design. But it is a very nice and friendly restaurant. The staff is nice, smiling and makes you feel welcome and comfortable. The food is simply not of this world: Fantastic in presentation - the varieties in tastes and notes is unbelievable. If you are into vegan/raw food (and even if you're not) you will find the menu fantastic. It's not possible to describe the feeling when you see and eat the different courses. Believe me: Go there, get the feeling, taste the food, leave the place and tell yourself and your friends to go there again. You will not regret it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Berlin
“Embarrassing for its prices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Yesterday we invited two guests for dinner at this restaurant. I have bin here once before, but since there is a lack of good restaurants in Berlin, we decided to give this one another try.
The experience was not as expected from a restaurant in this price range in Berlin, which is considered high. We mostly care about the food itself, but also the design is quite lame, with cheap dirty and confusing menues, very ugly entrance and glass wines from a mediocre quality.

We orderes dishes and an expensive bottle of wine. Additionally we asked for tap water, for which I offered to pay. The waitress had a lame excuse of not serving tap water because they don't have water in a drinking quality. I pay gladly for what a chef has created for me to enjoy. but not for something I can get anywhere for free or almost for free in an excellent quality: tap water.
I hate to be forced to buy bottled water, and especially in a fancy vegan restaurant I expect a different approach. For sure I do not expect a stupid lie. If they don't have water in a good quality, then how the hell do they prepare the fancy expensive not organic food they serve?

Considering the food the main problem was not necessarily the taste, but the ridiculous portions. I dont think there is a rule saying expensive restaurant one should leave hungry, unless he spends his monthly rent on a dinner. Especially in a vegan restaurant that serves dishes out of veggies, which in no case are expensive ingredients. But this seemed to be the case. except for one dish: A normal tasty portion of spagetti, nothing to really write home about, for 17,50 Euros, all the other dishes were Embarrassingly small. I was so ashamed, that I shared my spagetti dish with my guests. The most ridiculous was a main dish of risotto. Looked like about 100 gr main dish, and costed €18,50. Seriously? For Berlin it is simple unappropriated.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Vegan haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

amazing food and nice service.
best risotto ever (and I hope my bf will forgive me..)
I also enjoyed the carrot soup and the chocolate cake in the end.

Visited October 2012