“Wow!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Feinkost Kaefer

Feinkost Kaefer
Platz der Republik, Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49.0.30.22629933
Neighborhood: Mitte
New York City, New York
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The obviously selling point to this restaurant is its location on top of the Reichstag. The 360 degree views of Berlin are amazing. You can walk all around the roof. The food is also quite good. I am a vegetarian, and they made me a lovely plate of grilled tofu and vegetables. You do have to go through security, and I believe you have to make reservations at least a few days, if not more, in advance.

• Visited July 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Springfield, Missouri
“Excellent view, quick way to get into the Reichstag”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Breakfast at this restaurant was recommended by a friend and we enjoyed it very much. You must call ahead for reservation and know that you will be asked to provide passport numbers and names of guests. The advantage is that you do get to bypass the long lines and have a meal overlooking Berlin.While we were not as enthused about the food as other reviewers, the experience was well worth it!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona
“A treat, but a good one.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I took my parents here for breakfast as a treat when they came to visit me in Berlin. If you want to visit the Bundestag it's a great way to do it avoiding the queues, although you *MUST* book in advance as it gets booked up, also you need to provide name and DOB in advance and bring photo ID with you. You get whizzed up in a lift, and if you turn up before it opens at 9am then you get some time with the terrace around the glass dome to yourself which is pretty cool. The breakfasts aren't cheap (full menu and prices on the kafer website) but at my mum's advice (she'd been before) we ordered two of the 27 euro breakfasts between 3 of us and there was still too much food! I'm taking my boyfriend next week and we'll order one of those and then a small one (and maybe a bottle of sekt!) instead which will be plenty for 2 people. Great views of the city and the tiergarten from the terrace.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Budapest, Hungary
“One of the best restaurants in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I have read somewhere that the easiest way to get in to the Reichstag is to book a table in the restaurant and skip the queue at the entrance. I went there with my wife for breakfast. I have to confess that it was the best breakfast in my life so far. The food was top quality, the service excellent. We were seated at a table in the balcony so we had an excellent view as well. I am recommending this restaurant to everyone who is visiting Berlin!

Lier, Belgium
“Fantastic afternoon tea at Berlin’s top location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

If you visit the Reichstag : combine it with a visit to Feinkost Kaefer restaurant next to the Dome on top of the Reichstag. You have to make reservations in advance on Kaefers website and , for security reasons, reconfirm your booking 3 weeks before visit (including all names and birthdays of your guests), take also ID-card or passport to the entrance of the Reichstag.
We had a good afternoon tea (from 2h30PM till 4h30PM) but you can also have breakfast, lunch or dinner … remember : always make reservations !
Good quality food, clean and modern restaurant, correct service, inside + outside restaurant, not cheap but also not overpriced.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere