“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of China City

China City
Leipziger Strasse 46, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,288 of 5,975 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Chinese, German
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Mitte
Wales
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

A Chinese restaurant, in Berlin, where the staff speak excellent English - and then serve up brilliant Chinese food. The menu may need some navigating for those whose knowledge of German is poor, but its worth it. And better than many restaurants in Manchester or Londons Chinatowns.

Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“If you're near Adina Checkpoint Charlie you are 30 seconds from here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

In all honesty, we didn't think it looked that attractive a proposition passing by the glass. Tinted glass never does eateries any favours. If we hadn't been starving, newly arrived on about 3 hours sleep and seeking a place that offered fish, we might not have tried it. But I am so glad we did. China City is hands down the friendliest Chinese restaurant I've ever been to, and that's down to the excellent waiter we had, Chen. I presently have quite complicated dietary needs, I've serious food allergies, can't have carbs but Chen was wonderful and basically let me design my own Red Snapper fish dish noting down the vegetables I could have and confected a spicy sauce to suit me.( It was very peppery actually, but he did warn me their Szechuan sauce would be and I chose to have it.) That was a sweet thing to do and much appreciated, the dish was charged as a standard fish dish. He also did the same for my friend who cannot handle spicy food. His halibut in a soya sauce was delicious. We were both delighted with the generous portions we received and Chen and his manager's attentiveness. The food was good quality and the restaurant was really pretty inside! I'd eat there again, really good value too. it's a stone's throw from Lidl so a handy place to eat if you're too tired to head into town.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Standard (western) chinese fare but good quality, good service and in a spacious and relaxing setting. Good value.

Visited October 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Nice ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were staying nearby and had just arrived. Hungry and tired we went in search of food. We found this place first, looked at the menu and then looked through the window. We took the plunge and went in, after all it's always reassuring to see Chinese people eating in a Chinese restaurant. The food was yum and we had no issues with the service. Would happily recommend.

Dublin, Ireland
“Inexpensive and OK food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Not a place to plan your evening around, but if it's convenient and you want to get a decent meal for a decent price, then this place is fine.

The food is, at best, what you'd get delivered from a takeaway but is very well priced with polite service.

Visited March 2014