“Just average” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Just average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Pork schnitzel was ok. Average experience overall. Traditional pub decor but the staff weren't very friendly. They didn't seem to want to serve the customers.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Nakskov, Denmark
“Very German - at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten at Zum Patzenhofer several times and always been very satisfied. A superb place for a quick meal in nice surroundings. On the blackboard you always find good daily offers of typical German dishes.
This time I tried to persuade a number of friends (all new to Berlin) to join me. One was a declared vegetarian. One would only eat fish. A third friend insisted on lots of vegetables. I then doubted if Zum Patzenhofer would be the right place. Luckily we went anyway and gave it a try - and I discovered that the menu had far more things to offer than I thought. So in the end everybody had an excellent meal and a very good time, partly entertained by the always friendly and witty waiter. Only my veggie-friend was a bit disappointed that she only had two different types of vegetable.
Specialty of that week was fresh white aspargus. Always a treat and here prepared immaculately.
Everything else was well prepared too, and the prices are surprisingly low considering the location, the ambience and the quality. You are 50 metres off Ku-Damm, and that is maybe why relatively few tourists find their way to here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“Great food, quick service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my little girl and we split a kiba (cherry banana juice) and the Koenigberger Klopse (meatballs in caper sauce) with mashed potatoes and beet salad. The food was very good, a big portion, and they even added more garnish to my leftovers. Friendly quick service, though we did eat a later lunch. The waiter even gave my kid an Easter egg as a present for dessert. Would go back again. Nice pub style food.

Lincoln
“Traditional pub, traditional food, a few yards from the Ku'damm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Decided to try this place having eaten at the Krombach further down the road on a previous visit to Berlin, and were glad that we did. In fact on a 5 night visit we ate here twice, so it must have been good. The first time I had a beef stew with dumpling and red cabbage, whilst the wife had a huge tuna salad. The second visit I had a schnitzel topped with onions and cheese, served with bratkartoffeln - delicious fried potatoes with lardons. Wife wasn't over hungry so opted for just a starter of fried brie, this turned out to be almost the size of my main! The menu was quite diverse and reasonably priced, as were the drinks. On both occasions, including 2 rounds of drinks, the bill was just around €30. Excellent value for a traditional German pub/restaurant just of the bustling Ku'damm.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
budapest
“Typical German Pub - but with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

In the prestigious Kurfürstendamm neighborhood (just few steps in a side-street) we were recommended to dine in this place.
It was excellent.
Nice atmosphere, nice drinks (a very good and "friendly" plum brandy, and good selection of beer), very good food.
One of the previous review is titled "very friendly" - well, I think it was an other shift of waiters.
Or this is considered to be friendly - for German waiters...
(It was nothing wrong, but I would not come to the "friendly title", when I want to share my impression..
All together: I definitely want to be back!

• Visited February 2013