“Typical German Pub - but with good food.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zum Patzenhofer

Zum Patzenhofer
Meinekestr. 26, 10719 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
+49 30 8821135
Improve this listing
Ranked #293 of 6,388 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Japanese, German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
budapest
“Typical German Pub - but with good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

In the prestigious Kurfürstendamm neighborhood (just few steps in a side-street) we were recommended to dine in this place.
It was excellent.
Nice atmosphere, nice drinks (a very good and "friendly" plum brandy, and good selection of beer), very good food.
One of the previous review is titled "very friendly" - well, I think it was an other shift of waiters.
Or this is considered to be friendly - for German waiters...
(It was nothing wrong, but I would not come to the "friendly title", when I want to share my impression..
All together: I definitely want to be back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
Southport
“Lovely traditional pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Unpretentious and inexpensive little pub on Meinekestrasse just 50 yards from the Kudamm, and close to the Zoo. Old wooden paneling on the walls and bar giving a "Marlene Dietrich" feel. Very popular with the locals, and for good reason. The two lads behind the bar were friendly, cheerful, even managing to joke with us in our different languages. The service was efficient, the beer and wine excellent, and the food superb. Good quality home cooking with enormous portions. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Essex
“Homely and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This wonderful little bar/restaurant was close to our hotel and become our "local" for the duration of our stay. Very friendly, English-speaking, barstaff. Excellent beer and top quality German cooking.

At the end of our holiday one of the guys working there gave us a little present and we were very sad to leave. But we will return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Winston-Salem
“Excellent Neighborhood Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Just off busy Kurfurstendamm, this cozy place is a nice calm neighborhood restaurant kind of place. The decor is very old German, comfortable, and reflects the cheerful disposition of those working here. The food was delicious and ample. I'd be glad to come here often.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great little pub and eatery across the street from Columbus!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Not as formal as the Krombach, this little pub is better suited to a few drinks with your friends and they serve food too; GOOD food. I had the Wiener Schnitzel -yum!
Left my bag with passport and Eurail Pass there; they looked after it for me till I realised I had left it behind and came back to collect it. On ya guys!

Visited September 2011