“Homely and very friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Essex
“Homely and very friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This wonderful little bar/restaurant was close to our hotel and become our "local" for the duration of our stay. Very friendly, English-speaking, barstaff. Excellent beer and top quality German cooking.

At the end of our holiday one of the guys working there gave us a little present and we were very sad to leave. But we will return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Winston-Salem
“Excellent Neighborhood Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Just off busy Kurfurstendamm, this cozy place is a nice calm neighborhood restaurant kind of place. The decor is very old German, comfortable, and reflects the cheerful disposition of those working here. The food was delicious and ample. I'd be glad to come here often.

Brisbane, Australia
“Great little pub and eatery across the street from Columbus!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Not as formal as the Krombach, this little pub is better suited to a few drinks with your friends and they serve food too; GOOD food. I had the Wiener Schnitzel -yum!
Left my bag with passport and Eurail Pass there; they looked after it for me till I realised I had left it behind and came back to collect it. On ya guys!

Visited September 2011
Jerusalem, Israel
“Tasty food, warm and welcoming atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is one of my favorite small and cozy restaurants in Berlin. This place is run by a senior-age couple. The food was served relatively quickly, was fresh and tasty, and the hosts were welcoming and polite. The prices were reasonable. The couple reminded me my grandparents and the food they served took me back to the childhood times. Real nostalgia... I will definitely return to this place again when I am in Berlin next time.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Real Berlin, Deutsche Küche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We just spent a week in Berlin and ate at Zum Patzenhofer 5 times for lunch and dinner. We've been eating here since the early 90s and love the place. Sure it feels like Grammas, but that for me is a plus. Rarely do we hear any language but German. The prices are low, the quality is high, the service amiable. Being located right off the Ku'damm it is convenient for those visiting or staying in Charlottenburg or the surrounding area.

• Visited November 2011