“Great little pub and eatery across the street from Columbus!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zum Patzenhofer

Zum Patzenhofer
Meinekestr. 26, 10719 Berlin, Germany (Charlottenburg)
+49 30 8821135
Improve this listing
Ranked #266 of 6,189 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Japanese, German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Charlottenburg
Brisbane, Australia
“Great little pub and eatery across the street from Columbus!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Not as formal as the Krombach, this little pub is better suited to a few drinks with your friends and they serve food too; GOOD food. I had the Wiener Schnitzel -yum!
Left my bag with passport and Eurail Pass there; they looked after it for me till I realised I had left it behind and came back to collect it. On ya guys!

Visited September 2011

Jerusalem, Israel
“Tasty food, warm and welcoming atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is one of my favorite small and cozy restaurants in Berlin. This place is run by a senior-age couple. The food was served relatively quickly, was fresh and tasty, and the hosts were welcoming and polite. The prices were reasonable. The couple reminded me my grandparents and the food they served took me back to the childhood times. Real nostalgia... I will definitely return to this place again when I am in Berlin next time.

• Visited December 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Real Berlin, Deutsche Küche”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We just spent a week in Berlin and ate at Zum Patzenhofer 5 times for lunch and dinner. We've been eating here since the early 90s and love the place. Sure it feels like Grammas, but that for me is a plus. Rarely do we hear any language but German. The prices are low, the quality is high, the service amiable. Being located right off the Ku'damm it is convenient for those visiting or staying in Charlottenburg or the surrounding area.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Quite nice, although slightly tired decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We had nurmberg sausages and the schnitzel, both of which were very tasty. The service was good, and prices were quite cheap. The only downside was the decor- a profusion of lace doilies, which makes it look a bit like your grandmother's drawing room. Not bad for some good German food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kinross
“Great Value and Good German Red Wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

We went to this restaurant on our first night and were not disappointed. No starters necessary! I had the knuckle of pork and was served half of a pig's rear quarters. Only 12 euros. The german Donfelder wine served by the generous glass was delicious. The dry Riesling was also good. Great stuff!

• Visited April 2011