“Excellent food, friendly service, good value” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Beds
“Excellent food, friendly service, good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2015

We chose La Cenetta on the basis of the TA reviews, and walking to the restaurant on a cold, wet mid-week night in March we passed several restaurants that were almost empty. La Cenetta was almost full, and when we were seated it was clear that everyone else was a local. I can understand why. The food was excellent - the best meal we had in Berlin, and one of most enjoyable Italian meals I have had anywhere. Between us we had the lasagne, bolognese, and two spaghetti dishes - one with duck that was particularly nice. All were delicious, as were the deserts. There was a wide range that included pasta, pizzas, grilled fish, steaks, and a range of meat dishes. The wine was also very good - the Toscana was good, and the Primitivo even better. The service was perfect - we had no German (shamefully...) but they had an English menu, and the staff all spoke English to us without being condescending. The meal was also excellent value for money, and included free extras such as bread, bruschetta, and a coffee liquor.

Visited March 2015

“Simply perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The restaurant is located near the subway, however we still had some trouble finding it because it is located in a living area. Once we arrived we were welcomed by the friendly staff and sat down inside for dinner. The food was great and the service as well. Nothing to complain about. Furthermore I found it reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
England
“Tasty Italian food in lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to this restaurant since 2007 as I work at a show at the Messe once a year and I have always found the food to be excellent along with the cosy atmosphere and smiley service you cannot go wrong here.

Visited March 2014
“Over appreciated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Reading so much about the place I came with high expectations. What can I say, service was the only professional thing in our dinner.
The bread was tasteless (but for free) but the pasta was the weakest point. A restaurant that can't make a decent aglio olio is not a real Italian and this one apart from not being too exciting was even not Al dente. The other one with zucchini and gamberetti was just boring and again too soft.
Sorry to say, but this place doesn't leave a mark.

Berlin, Germany
“Dissappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I visited this restaurant with my husband and the pizza we ordered were average. The service was also nice but nothing special. What I have to argue about are the toilets. The ladys toilet did not have any toilet paper and the restaurant wasnt full so that I can show understanding.
I have had alot of italien food already but I dont think this is very special.
But one thing i have to add is that I liked the decoration of the reastaurant ...

• Visited February 2014