“I go here when I want healthy, simple food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Safran

Safran
Oranienstr. 172, 10999 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
+49 30 6156211
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,798 of 5,979 Restaurants in Berlin
Cuisines: Persian
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Berlin, Germany
“I go here when I want healthy, simple food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I like their food because it tastes like someone made it for you when you are sick - very plain, quite light and with a hint of sweetness. Some people might find it boring, but the thing of chicken+carrots with rice (don't know their name for it, but it's always on the daily offer) is my favorite home-made food treat.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Zagreb
“Interesting experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

It was my first taste of Iranian food and I have to say it went very well. Interesting food preparation and uncommon combination of groceries is what made it quite memorable. Also the service was very nice and professional. For the atmosphere I have to say it was a bit simple, but pleasurable. All in all a nice experience!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oslo, Norway
“Nice food, nice price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Well tasting genuine iranian food. Good tastes and nice waiters.

The interior is not very impressive, though.

Nice and Cheap.

“Disappointing.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Two days ago I went there with my dad. We've never tried persian food before, so we got excited. If what is being served at Safran is persian food, then I never want to have persian food again in my life. What a disappointment. Watery tastless dishes plus waitresses being slow, lazy and not trained (pouring beer in the glass takes 20mins just because she just opened tap above the glass creating huge foam which escaped the glass. And then she did it again with the same beer). I am open minded and very rarely complain, but this time I can't help it. I do not recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went on our first night in Berlin after struggling to find anywhere else to eat due to it being late on a friday night - which in hindsight is a good thing as we would have never chosen to eat here which would've been a great shame.
With not being familiar with persian food we decided to order the vegetarian platter and then three other meat dishes to share - a chicken and rice dish and lamb and chicken kebabs. We were so impressed with all of them - the food really was outstanding and we will definitely be trying persian food again after having such a good experience!
The waitresses were so lovely and helped us with the menu to chose food as there is such a massive choice we were a bit bewildered with what to have!

Definitely would recommend to anyone!

• Visited April 2013