THis is my first review but second stay at the Arcotel John F Kennedy. I was referred to this hotel a few years ago by my brother as he frequented the hotel when on business in Berlin. My last visit back in 2011 was fantastic so when it came to select a hotel in berlin for this most recent trip, well, I didn't really select a hotel at all, I just booked instantly with the Arcotel and went from there.
There are a number of reasons I gravitate back to the Arcotel when in Berlin.
1) A quasi- boutique ambience, but not really a boutique hotel and certainly without the pretentious attitude and pretentious price tag
2) Excellent service from the front desk and concierge staff. Case in point, I checked in before my room was ready and the concierge took my luggage from the store room automatically to my room when the room became available. I didn't even have to ask, but I'm glad they did.
3) I'm a fan of residing in Mitte. The Museum Island is within sight of the hotel. Access to the vital hub of Alexanderplatz is about fifteen minutes by foot or slightly less when walking up to Unter den Linden and then jumping on the parade of buses headed to Alexanderplatz.
4) Ease of access to the TXL bus via the Staatsoper stop at Bebelplatz. Alternativelty, the U-bahn is just a few blocks away and the U2 train route that is nearest the hotel stops at both Alexanderplatz and Potsdamer Platz
5) Room decor and design is chic yet not trying to be uber-minimalistic of shocking. Oh yeah, the rooms are generously sized too.
I really like the attitude of the hotel and its niche as a boutique style hotel without the frills and attitude. When it comes to retiring to the room, I found my room to be large, quiet, and comfortable. The bedding was fantastic. Shower water pressure was stellar too. My only complaint is that I prefer stand up showers to bath tubs, but that's my personal view only being expressed here. The wifi worked fine too and it was included in the room rate.
The lobby bar is comfortable and inviting though to be fair I didn't consume anything from the bar. I did find the temperature of the fitness room area on the 6th floor to be quite hot and humid when I popped in to take a look. Maybe the door to the sauna and wellness relaxation room wasn't supposed to be open, but in any case, the temperature up there was far too stifling to perform a non-Olympian level exercise. Personally, in Berlin when the climate is agreeable I prefer to go for a nice run along the Spree River and skip the gym, but it's always nice to have the gym available and functional.
The Mitte location really works well for me. All the mass transit tools are available with close reach whether it is the U-bahn, TXL bus, or the S-bahn at Alexanderplatz. The neighborhood is quiet and dare I say a bit sleepy, but I am perfectly fine with that aspect of the location. There is plenty of action to be found in Berlin and it won't be far away.
Lastly, the hotel is economical. I can't complain about the price and I felt I was receiving a very good value by being their guest. For business or leisure alike, I'd recommend taking a look at the Arcotel product for a very comfortable and relaxing night's stay.
- Also Known As:
- Arcotel John f Hotel
- Arcotel John f Berlin
- Arcotel John f Hotel Berlin
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookingCom, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Arcotel John F reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.