“Excellent Vegetarian Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seerose

Seerose
Kortestrasse 38, 10967 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
Website
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Irvine, California
“Excellent Vegetarian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a very good vegetarian meal at Seerose. I went with three confirmed meat eaters, all of whom enjoyed their meals. They have a buffet selection where you can choose 2, 3, or 4 dishes, all of which come with a side salad. The serving sizes are very large, and we wished that we had ordered less food. The decor of the restaurant is eclectic and interesting. We would certainly return to Seerose in the future.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Berlin, Germany
“Under new younger unfriendly management, much smaller portions,”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Was here yesterday, the whole style of service has changed. Gone are the warm and friendly older ladies. You now get much smaller portions and only one salad (meagre portion) with a medium-sized plate. I asked the new young gruff guy serving me why this was the case, he and his other colleague replied 'customers were wasting the food, they weren't eating everything'. Wow, I didn't realise if ypu went to a restaurant you must clear your plate. I always did, not that they care. The food is heated in a microwave by the way, so at least the once generous now miniscule salad portions would make up for the less than fresh heated food. There are plenty of other veggie and vegan alternatives nearby these days, I'd give this place a miss from now on. I don't need to hear I didn't finish my plate....ugh.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic. Great veggie food and lovely coffee.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This place was just what we needed. We had been in Germany for a few days by this point and had eaten a LOT of pork. I needed some vegetables and variety in my diet by this point and I had heard some excellent things about this place. These people were not wrong!

Seerose offers a buffet, where you pick from different dishes to fill your plate. I tried to sample as much as possible and it was all, every last thing, delicious. They had Turkish coffee too, something I hadn't had in years. I missed it!

The staff were really friendly and helpful. We had a good chat to them while ordering.

I highly recommend this place both to vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It's too good to miss and well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Very nice veggie buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

You can pick any dish from a buffet and combine them on a plate. 2 dish plate, 3 dish plate or 4 dish plate. Supplementary 1 pick side salad included. All vegetarian dishes, very good taste and variety.

Berlin, Germany
“Like eating at grandma's house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Place is well located, confortable place ( familiar, confortable and simple) with an amazing food. We had the ravioli with ricota and spinach. It was awsome! The best restaurant with veggie food (they also have non veggie) in Berlin