“Great little place hidden away!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai, Tibetan, Nepali
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ireland
“Great little place hidden away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have eaten here many times and still cannot believe the value for money in terms of the food quality.
The place is not the largest however, the foods exceeds all expectations. I usually get the mixed platter to start which is fantastic. It has a little of everything for about 6.50euro. The main courses are varied however, I always get the Chicken (#427). I can't remember all the ingredients however, all I know is that I will be going back for the again.

All in all a great experience, great food, great service and unbelievable value for money.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

After dining in three Nepalese, Vietnamese and Thai restaurants in Kreuzberg, I only found this tiny place on the last evening of my stay in Berlin. Though the tastes are fairly similar to Indian cuisine and Tibet is not renowned for its prawns, I had one of the best prawn-dishes ever. Some may argue that it was not tipical Tibetan cuisine, but then again what Chinese restaurant in Europe serves 100% Chinese cuisine. It was a great meal (green curry soup, their version of prawn-korma, a glass of crisp chardonnay and a mango lassi for desert) for only 14,50 Euros. Portion were generous (as is standard in Germany) and the staff were friendly.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Delicious, unexpensive and it gives you a complete change of scene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Tibet Haus is one of my favourite restaurant in Berlin. I have been there half a dozen of times and always been satisfied! They have a large choice of Tibetan and Nepalese dishes, and none of them is above 10 euros. The food is truly delicious and the plates are really big! The first time I have been to this restaurant, I almost needed to be carried in a wheelbarrow to go home because I was so full I couln't walk anymore! So, keep that in mind before ordering three meals... The momos are a must, as well as the fish dishes. Every dish comes with a delicious soup and salad. The atmosphere is really nice too, with many traditional Tibetan items on the walls (you can buy some by the way). If you feel adventurous, try the Tibetan tea (with yak milk, I believe?!). Oh, and if you are with plenty of friends, try to get the large table in the back of the room, you'll feel like home there.

Visited March 2013
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
“Fantastic place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I live in the area and come here often. It's a perfect place to bring friends from out of town who want good food at a great price. It also serves food pretty late for Berlin.

Make sure you have the 'momos', as many of them as you can handle!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Staying near by I stopped in for takeaway after seeing the blackboard special outside. I ordered from the menu. We were charged a higher price than the blackboard and the menu. I didn't notice until later.

The meal was very disappointing. My soup too salty and too much like dish water with a few champignons and tomato wedges thrown in. The 'roti' looked like warmed up lebanese bread. Not authentic food and this place is one I will not got back to.

• Visited January 2013