“Clean, helpful and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Q Damm Apartments
Rankestrasse 18, 10789 Berlin, Germany   |
Ranked #86 of 323 Specialty Lodging in Berlin
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Clean, helpful and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Q Damm Apartments were fantastic, we arrived very late at night during the reception closing hours but clear instructions had been sent to me prior travel as to how to obtain the keys. I was surprised at how fantastic the apartments were considering the great price, they were spotless and had tv, hi-fi, fridge, fully equipped kitchen and hangers in the wardrobe. If the man on reception hadn't drawn all over our map and shown us the best places to go I have no doubt that our trip would not have been as successful as it was! The location was fantastic and very close to Kurfurstendamm (the main shopping street on the Western side) and lots of U bahn links. Would certainly go again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed at Q Damm for 4 nights. The apartments are centrally located in Berlin with clean rooms, lots of space and a well equipped kitchen. The staff at Q Damm are really friendly and were able to help with all of our requests and questions regarding things to see in Berlin. Only downfall was the poor internet connection in the room.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better internet connectivity.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Most, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

For already three years I´ve been using Q Damm Apartments for my every stay in Berlin. Very good location, clean rooms, private parking. Kitchenette equipped with everything I need - a tea pot. Very good value and very helpful guys. I will come again for sure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cagliari, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The apartments are centrally located just a 10 min walk from Berlin's zoological garden, 5 min to the closest metro stop (U1). Clean Room and bathroom, nice kitchenette, Wi-Fi, almost perfect...

It could have been a "very good" to "excellent" accommodation if it wasn't for the excessively noisy lift. It sounded like there was a U-bahn train running in the corridor every 5 to 10 min from early morning until late night.

It was very hard to sleep before all guests were back and even when we did, we had been woken up by the lift a few times per night, each of the 4 nights we spent there.

So overall, it was a poor experience. Even if the noisy lift was the only drawback I found, It was in our opinion a huge one.

Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon, until then, I suggest to book elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Pros

1. The appartments are located in a very central location. Very close to Q-damm, and 12 minutes walk from the zoological garden - a central station from which you get to anywhere in Berlin.
2. Very clean room
3. The kitchenette is fully equipped with everything you need to cook your own meals, so that was very comfortable.
3. The people at the reception were very nice and helpful

Cons

1. Reception is only available from 10:00 to 18:00 every day. What if you need them before or after?
2. I booked a large double bed and got a bed that is basically 2 twin beds connected by a wooden frame, which means there is a frame between the 2 beds and as such, is not a large double bed...
When I asked about it they said that because the hotel is fully booked, they give this type of beds to solo travelers, and there wasn't any other room to move me to. Since there's wood between the bed, it's not 2 twin beds I could have connected. So I had to sleep in a twin bed although this is not what I have paid for.
3. The water temperature keeps changing. Imagine standing in the shower under hot water when suddenly the water's temperature changes to super cold. This is very unpleasant, especially in the winter. When I asked reception about this, they asked if I played with the regulator. Why would I play with a regulator, I didn't even know there is one... So they told me they'd look into it, but nothing changed. The shower kept surprising me every day with cold water.
4. The drapes they use all over the hotel don't match the window size... There are two drapes that together don't cover all the window. Which means that in the morning the sun wakes you up pretty early. Why not replace all drapes with drapes that actually fit the window?

To summarize my experience, although the room was clean and central, it wasn't as comfortable as published, and if I come to Berlin again I will look for another hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room in the highest possible floor and if you need internet in your room, make sure to ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rehovot, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Everything!!! Lovely apartment, clean, equipped with all you need, and excellent location - just off the main shopping street!
Alain and Ilan were wonderful and when we arrived they explained to us where the best places to go and advised us on places to visit, including bars, restaurants, clubs, markets, etc..

In summary, we enjoyed our stay very much in Q appartments, it was a perfect value for money, central location and cleanliness of the apartment was just as high of a good hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

5 days, 3 friends ( girls)
Very clean place and well designed for a good relax in a beautiful area!
Free good working wi-fi (ask the password at the reception), big TV and a real kitchen so you can drink your morning coffee at "home" and cook your food.
The Guy's at the reception are very nice and helpful! Give you all the info about the best places in the city and great Tips for planning your stay.
Located in perfect quiet street short walk from all you need! (Shopping, food, bars, bus/train, ke-de-ve and the amazing zoo).
We recommend the Q-damm apartments in berlin if you want a perfect relaxing place for little money! ;)

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Q Damm Apartments? Share your experiences!