“3 and a half stars” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HARTMANNs Restaurant - CLOSED

HARTMANNs Restaurant
Fichtestr. 31, 10967 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
+49 (0)30 - 61 20 10 03
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Birmingham, UK
“3 and a half stars”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited Berlin for a long weekend and booked a Saturday night here in advance. Overall it was a good night. Food portions were a little small, but that didn't matter, as it was filling and good quality. I agree with a previous recent posting, if it wasn't full the place would be scarce. We were put in a back room with another couple. It was almost like eating in someone's lounge!
I checked the 35 euro bottle of wine on the Internet and it was a tenner. That was a bit cheeky. But overall it was a good night. The menu was limited and nothing I really fancied, but I did really enjoy what I chose. Can't give more than 3 and a half stars as I have given much better places 4

Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
“Not a star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Good food, nice people. Not excellent service but pleasant.
The greeting from the kitchen was foie gras. We really thout we would be over that. Such political incorrect dish and we were not even asked. It was the greeting. Really disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto
“A special restaurant with exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We chose Hartmanns Restaurant because of past reviews and were not disappointed. From the welcome when we arrived to being seated set in motion an incredible evening. The menu offers tasting menus but we were able to mix and match items from both that option and the A La Carte selections. The portions were ample and the presentation was wonderful. Most important, the food was delicious. On top of it all, because we had mentioned two birthdays being celebrated, we received two little cakes with candles on beautifully decorated plates. This evening was truly special.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“fancy food, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

me and the wife ate here and really rated this place, made a nice change from the standard german fare, highly recommend this place, good idea to ring for a table at busy periods, we had to wait a bit

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Frederiksberg, Denmark
“Wonderfull!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went there in end of march. We really enjoyed our dinner at hartmanns. The atmosphere was relaxed with the fireplace in the back and the service was friendly and attentive. It was possible to differentiate the number of courses which suited us fine.

The food was really good. Everything was cooked to perfection and was innovative and precise. We particularly liked our fish dishes and the dessert.

All in all it was a very relaxed experience of a michelin restaurant - in a good way :).