“Met expectations and more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of HARTMANNs Restaurant - CLOSED

HARTMANNs Restaurant
Fichtestr. 31, 10967 Berlin, Germany (Kreuzberg)
+49 (0)30 - 61 20 10 03
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Kreuzberg
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Met expectations and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We went because of the review in the New York Times. The restaurant was wonderful, as was the food. We had a 3-course and a 4-course tasting menu so that we could share the cheese course. They were cool with that, and they were also considerate about speaking German with me and English with my husband. We enjoyed a bottle of Badische chardonnay - so dry you could almost sense the chalkiness of the soil it grew in. We ate there on March 23. It wasn't cheap (180 Euros for two) but well worth it.

• Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
sussex
“Look no further!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful 3 days in Berlin in January and having read some reviews on TA I booked a table at Hartmanns for a Saturday night.
What a fantastic choice that was! We had the full tasting menu and I was so pleased we did. The food was excellent, a clearly excellent chef at the top of his game. From the amuse bouche onwards the timings and the taste of the dishes was near on perfection.
The service was excellent, the atmosphere informal, a thoughtful wine list. I doubt much could have been improved upon.
I have been to many lovely Michelin starred restaurants from 1 to 3 stars, and this was one of the most memorable meals had, money well spent.

Thanks to all at Hartmanns- I am seriously tempted to go back to Berlin just for dinner!

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in a cosy atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This excellent small restaurant is deservedly well known in Berlin. The chef takes traditional German ingredients and dishes, and gives them a modern twist. I enjoyed the flexibility of the taster menu: you can choose how many courses you want, and which ones, and unlike many such menus you don't need to have exactly the same as the rest of the table. We had four courses, and each one was delicious: beautifully cooked, with great attention to detail. The friendly waiting staff are happy to recommend wine by the glass, and will suggest what they think goes well with each dish, and allow you to try it before making up your mind.

The atmosphere is cosy and down-to-earth: it's a simple style, and won't wow you with impressive decor, but equally it's not stuffy or pretentious, and you can easily relax. I would highly recommend coming here for a special dinner.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
“Perfectly nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

To be fair Hartmanns was a nice restaurant with pleasant and efficient staff. However the actual space was quite spartan and if it hadn't been for the fact that the place was full it would have lacked atmosphere. Surprisingly I found the food nice but not outstanding. It may be that the combinations the chef had chosen for the menu that day didn't do it for me and I'd rather have had two platefuls of food than several small plates where I was trying quite hard to experience all the clever flavours before I'd finished! I came away thinking I preferred the overall experience at our other restaurants in Berlin.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“A must go to for food lovers in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Lovely small restaurant in Krezburg well worth its Michelin star.

Probably seats about 30 diners at once. The whole experience was fantastic.

From entering the restaurant we were greeted by a lady who took our coats and seated us at our table. We were then offered a glass of champagne. You could choose from a degustation menu with or without paired wines or al la carte.

We choose the 4 course deguststation paired with wine a €110 per head.

Every course was amazing and paired with the perfect wine. Each course was explained in detail when it was served by the waitress. The Sommelier also explained the wine on each course, where it was from and what you would expect.

Great service!

This is a fantastic restaurant and if you love dining out and our in Berlin this must be on your to do list. Fantastic.