“Price/quality very good” 4 of 5 stars

City Hostel Berlin
Glinkastr. 5-7, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)   |
Ranked #87 of 314 Specialty lodging in Berlin

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed here on 2 November 2012. Arrived in Berlin-Schonefeld one hour before midnight really made us worry, because we were afraid no reception will greet us on the hostel. But by the time we got there, there's nothing to be afraid, because the reception opens for 24 hours and although I didn't bring the print out of my booking's receipt, we can checked in very easy. There is a small bar in the reception area which also opens for 24 hours and several self-service food, drinks, or cigarettes machines. The room, bathrooms, toilettes, breakfast room, and towel are clean. The price was also very cheap, since I paid only 10 euros/night to stay in a 6 beds dorm's room. Last but not least, the location of this hostel is the best. It only 50 meters from the exit of Mohrenstrasse subway station.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was surprised to see a youth hostel,auberge de jeunesse in french,not written in the spoecifications of your site,but well in the specifications of BOOKING.
Why to wait till 3 pm (we arrive at 10 am) and to leave before 10 am?
When we arrive, no bath towels in the room.
No radio in the room;
I ask and receive a remote control for the TV,out of service; I ask an other one, no response from the TV, so I ask to the reception to see somebody in the room and they told me, that it was unnecessary ,because it was only german and that I did not understand it!!!!
Congratulations for the service and the kindness,Claude Richez, Master in Economics,Master in business MANAGEMENT, 37 years in retail (department store,hypermarkets,catering).

It was a good experience,the sole problem was : no informations about us elections and the news in Europe and wordwide.Monday 5 of november till thursday 8 of november 2012.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

About Halloween I spent a few days in Berlin. Had a great time there partying with people from all over the world I met at the Cityhostel Berlin.
Looking for a cool and clean hostel in the middle of Berlin I found this hostel on the internet (www.cityhostel-berlin.com). I was in a four bed room, had really nice roommates and this hostel was as clean as I hoped. The included breakfast was very tasty, the buffett offered rools, cheese, salami, marmelade, eggs, cereals with yoghurt or milk, coffee, tea and orange juice. The staff was very friendly and a had a lockable wardrobe for my own.
The Cityhostel ist very located very central, a lot of sights can be visited in a few minutes walk.
I would come here again on my next trip to Berlin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed here a week from 26th October till the 2nd of November. I was in a four bed shared room and for only 10euro a night it was fantasticly priced! The hostel is very clean, bins in the room changed daily and the toilets and showers are also really clean. The showers are seperate cubicles so they are private. The beds were comfy and the linen very clean. Also included in the price was a breakfast buffet with loads to choose from, from cereal, warm rolls with the option of cheese, ham, salami ect. Jam, marmalade and other things like this, fresh boiled eggs, yoghurt and raspberries, toast and other things aswell. They had tea, coffee, water and orange juice also. I felt very comfortable here, the staff are very friendly and are happy to answer any questions, also check in isn't till 3pm but if you arrive in Berlin earlier than 3pm they have a locked storage room to put your cases in so you can go explore the City. The rooms were very spacious, with three plugs in my four bed room a large mirror, lockable wardrobes (provided you bring your own padlock) and table and chairs. There are also individual bed lights, so if people are sleeping you can still see without having to turn the main lights on. Overall my experiance here and would definetly come here again if and when I visit Berlin again. The location of the hostel is also extremely central, there was 2 U-Bahn stations within a 2 min walk, Friedrichstrasse was the next road to the hostel and the Gendarmenmarkt was only a 5 minute walk aswell as Checkpoint charlie, and the Judisches Museum and Topography of Terror being only 10mins away. From the hostel you can also walk to Unter Den Linden incl. Brandenburg Gate, The Reichstag and Memorial To The Murdered Jews Of Europe, so very, very central and places like Alexanderplatz only being a short train or bus ride away.!

Room Tip: Choose a good room by going for a two-six bed shared room, these have the most space.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Really great hostel with good prices and comfortable rooms. The breakfastbuffet is very tasty. We stayed there for the second time and it was very nice, again. The position of the hostel offers a good traffic connection. If you take a short walk, you cann see the "Brandenburger Tor", the "Checkpoint Charly" and the "Goldelse", too. The room , wasnt very big, but it was okay. We only need it to sleep and take a shower. And for this price, it was a good deal. At next time, we come back to the Cityhostel, if we stayed in berlin.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor. The room was lighted and clean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Great hotel, perfect for anyone who wants to go out in Berlin and have a comfortable bed .Plus free wifi and metro station 1 step away

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to City Hostel Berlin? Share your experiences!