“Australian cafe style with a more conservative style.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grill Royal

Grill Royal
Friedrichstrasse 105b, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+49 (30) 288 792 88
Good for: Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Mitte
Australia
“Australian cafe style with a more conservative style.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't sure what to expect given the mixed reviews but I booked this as my daughter had arrived from SE Asia and I thought she would like a good steak for dinner. We weren't disappointed. Aside from having to wait 25 minutes for our 9PM booked table we were taken to a wellpositioned table, found the service attentive, the eye fillets ( Argentinian for me and Bavarian for my daughter) and my husbands smoked barbequed ribs, delicious, with passable crisp French fries, green beans and a butter lettuce salad. If I want to be really picky the salad was over dressed and my daughters steak was a bit overcooked. We had fresh strawberries and cream for dessert. The strawberries were not as flavoursome as I'm used to but given the weather in Germany has been unseasonably cold and wet perhaps this may be the reason. We enjoyed a good German Pinot Noir with the meal. I think this is a good place to eat but is fairly expensive. We are used to the prices given we live in Australia. Would I go back there? Yes it was a good dinner and pleasant atmosphere.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Aventura, Florida
“Fabulous dinner in Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you're looking for excellent food, great ambiance and good service then this is the best restaurant to dine at. It's one of the hot spots of the city and very busy so a reservation is a must. My husband and I had 2 large prime rib steaks prepared to perfection - crisp on the outside and rare in the center. We started the meal with excellent soup - he had lobster bisque and I had asparagus and they were so delicious. The fun part is that the tables are close so we ended up enjoying the evening with the people on both sides of us and eventually sharing after dinner drinks. This is a high end restaurant so be prepared for an expensive dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dusseldorf, Germany
“A perfect evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our best evening and meal in Berlin. Had to get up and get our bottle of wine and pour it ourselves a couple of times, but the food, atmosphere, and overall service was very good.

Visited May 2013
Alesund, Norway
“Turist trap de luxe??”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We arrived late, 22.30, and the restarant was crowded. Still, they offered us a table and after 30 min we were offered apperitifts and got the menus!! Doubtfully we ordered and after approx 45 min we got the Food. Of course widthout sauce . The meat itself was good .
There are lots of wery good and serviceminded restaurants in Berlin so dont spend Your Money et this onme.

• Visited May 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin
“Fabulous and glamorous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had seen the Grill Royal on our first night in Berlin but felt it was smarter than our attire and so on our last night we strolled in without a reservation and were without any fuss told we could have a drink at the bar while they got a table ready, even though the restaurant was very busy. We were sat in a small area separated by the bar from the main eating area and whilst this lacked atmosphere it was cosy and having arrived without a reservation we were happy enough. We ordered the seafood platter for two which at approx €100 one would expect something amazing and we were not disappointed. There were 3 tiers of all types of very fresh seafood including excellent oysters. It was decadent and we were satisfied! The staff were friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2013