“Great location, clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel-Pension Michele

Hotel-Pension Michele
You added Hotel-Pension Michele to your Saves list
Hotel-Pension Michele
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Winterfeldtstrasse 42, 10781 Berlin, Germany (Schöneberg)   |
Ranked #91 of 180 Berlin B&B and Inns
Hove, United Kingdom
“Great location, clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my one night stay at this hotel. Basic, but very clean and functional. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The location is fantastic and within a five minute walk to Nollendorfplatz U-bahn station. It wasn't a problem that the isn't an in-house restaurant, as the pension is surrounded by cares, coffee shops and bars. I would recommend this property without hesitation.

Room Tip: Street facing room wasn't too loud, as there are double windows blocking the noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

They made some rooms in an old building for hotel rooms / apartments. The location is very good...close the the subway which will take you everywhere, Don't expect a restaurant there...but you can have breakfast next door and everywhere very cheap. Rooms at the street side can be boisy..you are in the middle of nightlife there so bars and restaurants close like 3:00 / 5:00 am. The rooms are clean, beds are comfy...shower and toilet a bit small. WiFi is not that good...not a good signal could be much better. Lots of restaurants in the area..try the Indian one opposite street..it's crowded but its GREAT food.
You get a key for 24/7 entrance...reception is available from 11:00 till 22:00/.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was booked to stay at this hotel from Tues 20th Aug - Sunday 25th Aug, but it was an unmitigated disaster from start to finish. I arrived at the hotel at 11.30 pm as I'd had a night flight and the first problem was, there is a back and front entrance, but this isn't explained in the hotel information, or if it is, not clearly as I certainly was unaware of this.

Spent around 20minutes trying to gain access (at the back entrance, which looks exactly like the front, I discovered afterwards), ringing and knocking at the door but nobody came, the whole building was in darkness. I enquired at a restaurant next door to the hotel and was informed that I was at the back of the hotel. I went around to the front and again, it was in darkness and locked I tried ringing and knocking at the door again and also 'phoned the hotel number a few times, but it went straight to voicemail and the message said that no-one was available.

Eventually after what seemed a life time but was probably about 30 minutes, by pure luck some guests came along that were staying at the hotel and let me in as they had a key. When I got in (the guests disappeared, presumably to their room) and I rang on the reception area bell but there was no-one there! Walked around the hotel but everywhere apart from the reception area was in total darkness and locked.

I finally had to admit defeat and leave - this was around 12.30 at night and I was alone in a strange city with nowhere to go. Finally after a lot of stress and expense ('phone calls and taxis) I got somewhere else to stay.

The company I booked with have pretty much ignored my phone calls and emails (I don't want to mention them as I'm now consulting a solicitor so I need to be discreet at this point, though feel I want to 'name and shame' so as to warn other people).

It ruined the start of my holiday as obviously the first night was a total disaster due to the hotel problem and also I spent the whole of the next day and a lot of the rest of my stay, trying to elicit a response from the company I had booked with. I also contacted my daughter in London as thought it would be easier for her (and cheaper) to contact the hotel company from London, as the hotel booking company are London based I believe, but she was also pretty much ignored and left hanging on the phone each time she tried to get through to someone.

When I did get through to the booking office they said that they hadn't been able to speak to anyone at Hotel Pension Michele as no-one spoke English, so I'm not sure how I would have made myself understood if I had of stayed there.

Other points are - the hotel doesn't appear to be a hotel at all, it is situated in a very large building that I think must be used for offices? From what I could see of it, it is just on one floor and it is up two very steep flights of stairs, (I could not see a lift anywhere), so I had to lug my suitcase up the stairs. It would not be suitable for anyone with a disability. Also, I thought that by law someone should be on the premises of a hotel at all times? What would happen if there was an emergency, ie, a guest needing a doctor, burst pipes, a fire or even just a more common place requirement - something a guest may need for example, in a hotel?
Also it, in my opinion, looks grim and dismal from the outside and didn't get any better when I finally managed to get into the hotel.

I most definitely would not recommend this 'hotel'.

Room Tip: My tip would be don't stay here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

nice clean and very well located, friendly staff. very well located. is very convenient wherever you want to go in Berlin. just it can be a bit noisy if the the weather is nice as is above a bar. and the room was also quite warm...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beijing
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stay at Pension Michele for 3 nights. The location is very convenient, which is only 3 minutes away from U-Bahn Nollendorfplatz. Lucky us, we found the free street parking nearby. The lady at the front desk is very nice. The working hour of the reception is from 10am-10pm. Our room was big and bright. There are many nice and affordable restaurant downstairs. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We were in room 10, which is on the 2nd floor. No lift to the Pension.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for two nights in May. The rooms are nice and quiet given the location right above the restraunts and cafes of Winterfeldplatz. Our room looked out over the plaza, which was just beautiful with the markets set up on a clear spring Saturday.

Good value for the location too and the desk staff were helpful enough without been really interested. I also recommend the falafel place under the hotel - great, fresh food and nice guys too.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vantaa, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Near metro-station, KaDeWE and ku´damm shoppingstreet. Hotel (Pensionat was quite modest. Reception was opened from 10 (11) am to 9 pm. No breakfast-service but nearby was several. Poor soundbroofing, noice from street and corridor was a bit disturbing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel-Pension Michele? Share your experiences!