“Introduction to Berlin” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SANDEMANs NEW Berlin Tours

SANDEMANs NEW Berlin Tours
Milastr 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany (Mitte)
+493051050030
Website
Improve this listing
Book ahead on Expedia
Book a Tour
Ranked #15 of 334 Activities in Berlin
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE TOURS of Berlin every day in English and Spanish. Pub Crawls and tours of Sachsenhausen, Potsdam, Third Reich Berlin, Red Berlin and more.Founded in 2003 by Yale University graduate Chris Sandeman, SANDEMANs NEW Europe thrives on a simple concept: Everyone, no matter their budget, should be able to discover Europe through the eyes of an expert. Connecting great guides with smart travelers, we believe in supporting our local communities and are commited to giving a voice to self-employed guides who have chosen Berlin as their home.By ensuring that every native English or Spanish speaking guide represents our unique style of mixing history and story-telling while maintaining their own personality and flair, we've become one of the most popular tour companies in the world. Helping superb independent guides connect with thousands of travelers a day, we provide these local freelancers the possibility to inform and entertain you, and they employ us to spread the news about this great concept.
London, England, United Kingdom
“Introduction to Berlin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The first thing I did in Berlin with my teenage daughter was to do a walking tour with Simon Hughes. My daughter knew most of the history (much more than me) - but he put everything into context intelligently and with good humour - and had a wholesome perspective that didn't just focus on Germany's less glorious past - but looked further back to more enlightened days, and to where we are now. A thoroughly worth while and enjoyable few hours. There is more standing and listening than walking, so wrap up extra warmly - Berlin is freezing after London! Next time I'll so the alternative tour - but this is the best one to start with. Thank you Simon!

Visited February 2013
andreaatsandemans, Leiter Front Office at SANDEMANs NEW Berlin Tours, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Claire,

I am glad you had a good time on our Berlin free Tour. Good to hear that you were so pleased with our touguide Simon.

I hope to see you and your daughter again on one of our tours!

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“Sachenhausen concentration camp tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Went on this tour yesterday with Rob. I thought the tour was great. I felt there were a lot of people, so it may not have been as I guess intimate as the tour we had in Paris, but good nonetheless. Rob was extremely knowledgable and was able to answer all our questions. I didn't give five stars because I wish the group could have been smaller. I think our group had 35 people in it. Other than that it was fantastic.

Dear Darrick,

I am pleased you enjoyed the free tour with Rob. Normally our tours are limited to 30 people maximum. Apparently this day it did not worked out. I am sorry for that.

4 attraction reviews
“Nice tours”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Guides are really good and anserw the questions people without any problem. They are also fun and they try to make that walking for hours doesn't become boring or ehxausting.

Hey,

thanks a lot for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your tour.

Banbury, United Kingdom
“Berlin Free Tour (Sandemans New Europe)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This 3 1/2 hour walking tour of Berlin is a terrific introduction to this fascinating city. Despite the cold we were completely absorbed in hearing all about Berlin's history from 18th century to the present day, and seeing a score of remarkable sights and buildings. Our guide Simon was enthusiastic, charismatic and enormously knowledgeable - in fact quite a cut above guides we've met elsewhere. Can't recommend this highly enough.

Dear Pamela,

I am pleased you are recommending our tours. Good to hear that you enjoyed the tour with our guide Simon.

“berlin free tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

we came with low expectation but the guide, rob (from norfolk), his knowledge, the way he led the group and of course the city made the time to fly and left a big crave for more.

keep on the good job

Dear Eran

We are glad you enjoyed the tour. Thanks for your comment.

We hope to welcome you again on one of our other free tours in Europe.

Best regards,