“Christmas market” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Block House

Block House
Karl-Marx-Alee 91, 10243 Berlin, Germany (Friedrichshain)
(0)30-4224773
Neighborhood: Friedrichshain
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Christmas market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife & I had a three night stay in berlin for the Christmas markets. Berlin is bustling & the smell of food & mulled wines from the markets is all consuming. We had passed the blockhouse on both Friday & Saturday, to see queues outside. Our fligh was late on Sunday night, so after another hard days sightseeing we were glad to see no queues outside. When we got inside though there was a small queue. We were seated within five minutes next to the open kitchen.i don't always like the idea of an open kitchen & can be off putting. But on this occasion it was fascinating to watch the various steaks being cooked with typical German efficiency. My wife had the sirloin & I had the rib eye, both cooked to perfection. The steaks come with baked potato & sour cream as standard. Couldn't fault the service or food. Not really our type of restaurant as this is the kind of place real carnivores come for meat & quantity. All in all though very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
Brotton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful steak, and very central to Berlin ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

After a busy day sight seeing, came here for some good quality beef and we were not disappointed. My partner had the large rump and I had the 'mrs' steak, gorgeous and so soft to eat, cooked to perfection, baked potato with sour cream and a beautiful salad. Mmmmm can taste it now - block house all the way.
Staff friendly and good service.

Darlington, United Kingdom
“VFM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

It was very busy on a Thursday evening.

I enjoyed the Rib Eye steak my wife enjoyed some other steak.

Service was good. The food and ambience were good.

Just what we needed after a hard day sight seeing.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Nice place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I visited this central restaurant in July 2013. At the evening waitresses were not so helpful. A lot of people was there and only three of waitresses tried to serve then all. As a result I got a cake after 10 minutes after coffee.
But if you go there for a lunch then it is right time! All will be at the superior level - service, respect, smiles and so on.
Good location, good food, good price. Bad service at the evenings and excellent one - at noon.

Recommend!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, prompt service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We arrived without a reservation here on a Saturday evening and we were lucky enough to get seated very quickly. For some time after that we noticed that there was a big que at the door so I would recommend making a booking first if you are planning on eating here. The servers we're friendly and although very busy, got our wine and food out to us very quickly but there was no rush on us to finish so we felt very relaxed. We ordered the Hereford Rib Eye and I has to be the nicest cut and cooked steak I've ever had. The baked potatoe with sour cream and the fresh garlic bread were a fantastic accompaniment. Will be dining here again.

• Visited June 2013