We visited Wurzburg at the end of a drive up the Romantic Road. I chose the Alter Kranen based on TA advice and the hotel website.
For a hotel that looks old, but is actually quite new the AK is rated excellent when considering the price, location and amenity. This was one of the cheapest places we stayed in Germany, but we really couldn't fault the attention to detail and care they put into this hotel. Best features were:
- Car park. I booked one of the few spots owned by the hotel with the full understanding that they are not big. I reverse parked a mercedes 220 into my garage spot with minimal difficulty, but if you don't like reverse parking, use the public car park which is also very very close.
- Towels. BIG, beautiful towels.
- Bed. Either new or near new, as were the pillows
- Room. really well appointed with nice little touches, like the welcome cookies, fan, decent lights.
- Location. Steps away from the town square, right on the river.
- Breakfast. Good (included) German style breakfast.
- Internet. While not a hugely strong signal, the speed was excellent.
As a start or finish to the Romantic Road, you could do a lot worse than the AK, not sure you can do better for this price.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Alter Kranen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.